cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

I don't know how they can accomplish that

MADISON — The Wisconsin Supreme Court has ruled in favor of Mark Jefferson and the Republican Party of Wisconsin.

The opinion, which was released this morning, says local election officials were wrong to suggest that voters could claim the status of “indefinitely confined” based on COVID-19. The majority decision also held that if voters falsely claimed they were indefinitely confined “their ballots would not count.”

But the court noted that a determination must be make in every case before tossing a ballot.

3 Replies
sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

Re: I don't know how they can accomplish that

So all the votes can't be tossed just those that falsely claim the status, but how exactly can that be determined at this late hour.

Call them up I guess. 

bruce MN
Advisor

Re: I don't know how they can accomplish that

Glad to see that you are interested in what the WI Supreme Court had to say. Spend a little time digging in to that if you’ve got some. 

rickgthf
Senior Advisor

Re: What does it even mean to be " indefinitely confined", confined to a nursing home?

I can see where there would be elderly people who might not want to leave their home at a time like now, especially the way the virus was surging in Wis. just before the election.