cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

I got raptured up the other day

I was so thrilled to find I was matched up with Farah Fawsett. I was certain I was in heaven untiol Farah explained I was her punishment

8 Replies
dagwud
Senior Contributor

Re: I got raptured up the other day

You couldn't have been raptured Don as the Rev. Camping now says he made a mistake and his prediction was off by 5 months.  He says the rapture will actually be coming this Oct. 21.   I'm guessing you just gulped a slurpee to fast and had a severe case of brain freeze or got up to quick out of the recliner and got severely light headed making you mistakenly think you had been raptured. 

I have to wonder how many of Camping's followers and believers will go along with this next rapture prediction or if they decide think along the lines of the great pontificator G.W. Bush, "Fool me once, shame on you; Fool me — you can't get fooled again."

My offer still stands if the misses need any help getting rid of any sour cream raisin pie.

HillOBeans
Contributor

We could use a good cleansing.Smiley Tongue

gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

Did everybody in the US who believes in God expect to be raptured?  Was there any godbotherers who laughed at this? Noooooooooo - I suspect they just felt embarrassed that belief in god would lead a lot of nutters to publicly make a fool of themselves and drag all other religions into the circus at the same time. 

Jim.ia.us
Veteran Contributor

It will take more than a belief in God to get raptured. Remember Satan believes in God. Yes, I laughed at this guy who predicted on May 21 the rapture would take place. No one knows when it will take place. But, it will take place at sometime. Jesus will come back for those who love him. For those who have never seen him but love him and for those who have never seen him but believe in him. They will be rewarded for their faith. Have a great day.

r3020
Senior Advisor

@Jim.ia.us wrote:

It will take more than a belief in God to get raptured. Remember Satan believes in God. Yes, I laughed at this guy who predicted on May 21 the rapture would take place. No one knows when it will take place. But, it will take place at sometime. Jesus will come back for those who love him. For those who have never seen him but love him and for those who have never seen him but believe in him. They will be rewarded for their faith. Have a great day.

Kudos.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

@Jim.ia.us wrote:

There has not been a good track record on predicting this rapture thing.

Even Jesus failed as he said some of those who were attending his speeches would see him return.

But then that was only the first error in time.

Many more have taken place through the years and as the bumper sticker displayed in women in ag forum says "I have survived 5 end of the worlds" and mankind has survived many,many more and even worse things like earthquakes, tsunamis, pestilence etc.

I do not believe and I will bet I will live the rest of my life and not see anyone 'raptured'. 

gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

Jimmy - we have been here before.  You are no mug.  You know the truth of all that rubbih but you feel a little bit more comfortable with some insurance of an after life. If that is how youi obtain it, good on youi but I can assure you, there is nothing after death.  Eternity in the burrow or burnt.  Never get sucked into that stuff.

gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

Hey Bill - Like most they will throw some stones in an attempt to make us dolts feel guilty but they subside quickly when facts are asked to be produce.  Rapture, what a joke.