cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

I guess buying stuuf by businesses is valuable to our economy

But buying stuff by consumers not so much. So you want to give businesses every advantage but not your customers. You'd really rather have them under paid and heavily taxed. Well if your not going to pay taxes somebody will have to.

Aha! Romneys 47% that does nothing benefitcial for society and they vote wrong. Can't we think of something to keep them from voting?

14 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: I guess buying stuuf by businesses is valuable to our economy

@kraft-t wrote:

But buying stuff by consumers not so much. So you want to give businesses every advantage but not your customers. You'd really rather have them under paid and heavily taxed. Well if your not going to pay taxes somebody will have to.

Aha! Romneys 47% that does nothing benefitcial for society and they vote wrong. Can't we think of something to keep them from voting?

How many of those customers have their health care and retirement funded with zero tax on that portion of their income?

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Don't know.  Do you?

I know I pay tax on all my income.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I think a lot of people overlook this.  Our local schools pay roughly 15,000 for a family plan for their teachers health insurance.  Can you imagine the outcry if workers had to claim this as income?  I'm not singling out teachers either.  Then, one must look at the SS matching.  Most people who work for others do not realize that their employer matches what they pay in for SS.  The employers also have to put up funds for their employees medicare. 

I do agree that businesses get away with claiming way too many purchases that really aren't necessarily used for work puposes.  I've heard of people deducting their kid's vehicle that they use travelling to and from school because they occasionally pick up oil or something for their dad.  This is quite a reach in my opinion.  I've even heard of people building new houses and deducting them claiming they're a rental but are occupied by the one claiming the deduction. 

Basically, the entire tax code is a joke.  It needs overhauled and simplified.  What's the use having one of the highest corporate tax rates in the world when the average corporation pays roughly half of what they're supposed to?  The biggest benficiary of the current tax code is lawyers and accountants.   

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: you betcha!!!!

whe they raise our business tax guess who pays --thats right we pass it on to the customer all businesse do --this is the way demorats raise taxes on the poor and middle class and swear they didnt --the demorats are pros at this

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: obalmos tax increase

does tax a lot of healthcare benefits ---the unions are howling about it now

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Most people do know their employer matches their contribution to SS. However, they are certain that the have earned that money as apart of their pay package.

Aren't you certain that most businesses deduct those tax contributions as a part of their labor cost?

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@kraft-t wrote:

Most people do know their employer matches their contribution to SS. However, they are certain that the have earned that money as apart of their pay package.

Aren't you certain that most businesses deduct those tax contributions as a part of their labor cost?

Sure they do. They also deduct the health care packages. The workers receive these as part of their income but pay no taxes on them.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

And you don't either.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@kraft-t wrote:

And you don't either.

Most selp employed care a much higher deductable which is much cheaper because they can not afford the Cadillac plan.