cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: I guess buying stuuf by businesses is valuable to our economy

@kraft-t wrote:

But buying stuff by consumers not so much. So you want to give businesses every advantage but not your customers. You'd really rather have them under paid and heavily taxed. Well if your not going to pay taxes somebody will have to.

Aha! Romneys 47% that does nothing benefitcial for society and they vote wrong. Can't we think of something to keep them from voting?

Your button is sure stuck on something that really amounts to nothing compared to your current federal budget.  Funny how the TRILLION and a HALF deficits don't bother you enough to ever mention, but a hundred million saved by fast depreciation of depreciable assets is our entire problem.  The real funny part is I believe much of this fast depreciation is going away this year and next. 

This whole subject shows that your priorities aren't really with our national budget woes, but rather with your typical partisan BS.  Sad way to live a life if you ask me. 

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I guess some people understand business costs. You have been presenting this same lame argument for as long as hobby has been harping on subsidies. Nobody is buying it 

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Actually, few know it.  Even fewer know that even though their rate into SS has been lowered under Obama that their employer has received no less rate.  What I'm certain of is that our existing tax code and labor costs is directly responsible for shipping millions of jobs overseas.  Obama's job czar is the CEO of the company responsible for the most per capita job losses in the U.S. for job openings overseas.  It's hard to fault a farmer for selling grain to a local merchandiser if he can get more money from somebody else.  It's also hard to fault a corporation for hiring someone from overseas to do the same job as someone local for doing the job cheaper.  When I buy fertilizer and such, I price shop and do business with someone who gives me the best dea and servicel.  It's very difficult for me to hold a company to a higher standards when they can employ someone overseas to do the exact same job cheaper than here in the states.  

Do you sell to your local ethanol plant when they are bidding 20 cents under and out of area merchandiser?  Do you buy fertilizer when it's 40 bucks a ton higher from the local outlet over the out of area outlet?  Do you hire a Mexican dentist who is 10 bucks an hour higher than the next Mexican dentist who is 10 bucks an hour cheaper? 

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

when did Obama change the tax code?  Isn't it basically Bush's tax code?  except for the small change in SS which simply put more immediate money into consumers hands.  That didn't change a thing for employers, just put a little more money moving in the economy.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Just what benefit to the country or the financial health of our government to allow depreciation as a legitimate expense before businesses have suffered the depreciated value?

Thats almost like saying let me subtract my seed fertilizer and chemicals for the next ten years. I haven't yet had that cost but i will over the years. Or deduct the interest charges on your farm for the next ten years. They aren't due yet but I will have to pay them eventually.

WE are talking about expensing depreciation we have not yet realized and the only purpose for it is tax postponement or avoidance. A gift to business via the US tax code.

Obama did not create the trillion and a half deficits. Obama inherited a financial mess and has tried to correct the course with a lousy economy and damned little help.