cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JonBailey64
Veteran Contributor

Re: I have discovered my new "No Farms No Food" bumper sticker.

When I spoke of reducing man's numbers, I did not have mass killing in mind. I meant to significantly slow down the rate at which man reproduces himself. People will eventually die of old age or some other cause. Europe is declining in population because women there are simply having fewer children these days. More people should adopt and take in children who need homes. Farmers and ranchers should adopt children and put them to work on the spread. American farmers need to get that old-hat Christian Right crap out of their collective skulls and become scholars and wise up. 

r3020
Senior Advisor

@JonBailey64 wrote:

When I spoke of reducing man's numbers, I did not have mass killing in mind. I meant to significantly slow down the rate at which man reproduces himself. People will eventually die of old age or some other cause. Europe is declining in population because women there are simply having fewer children these days. More people should adopt and take in children who need homes. Farmers and ranchers should adopt children and put them to work on the spread. American farmers need to get that old-hat Christian Right crap out of their collective skulls and become scholars and wise up. 

You mean that Christain right crap of asking God to bless their crops with good weather?

belarus
Senior Contributor

Hi Bruce.  Are we friends on facebook or do I have your email address?

jput
Senior Contributor

The flaw in your thinking is that the wrong people are having babies,  the people who don't or can't take care of their children.   The glut of single mothers,  who struggle when the best situation for any child is a husband-wife household.

The US was founded and settled primarily by Europeans,  who brought the Protestant work ethic and capitalism.   (By Protestant work ethic,  I'm not leaving out Catholics,  just using a common descriptive term).   That dominated US culture for several centuries.   And those immigrants of various ethnicities blended into the great American Melting Pot over a long time.   They came speaking their country of origin's language of German,  Italian,  French,  Norwegian, Swedish,  etc. but their priority was becoming American,  learning to speak the common English language.

Unfortunately that has not been the way of recent immigrants who cling to their Spanish,  Hmong,  etc. languages,  refusing to join the Melting Pot.   This results in Balkanization.   But they are the ones having babies and there will be difficulties ahead as they try to create their old country within their new country.

Why is this happening?   Well many of us are the makers,  working to support ourselves and the slackers.   The slacker takers get govt welfare and have the time to make babies,  which the rest of us pay for.

So Jon,  plant your "sustainable" crops should you find an end market to pay you a premium because it's a tough world out there.  Wear a helmet.

bruce MN
Advisor

Hey Greg. Good to hear from you.

Not on Facebook.

Try emlvmj49@yahoo.com

Haven't used it for a while but I believe that it is still active.

Clicked on your website.  Looks like you are still rolling along.

belarus
Senior Contributor

I sent you an email. Life is very crazy but good.
Agrilicious
Visitor

You have some good insghts on local farms JonBailey64.

Having a local farmer connection is a great way to ensure that you are getting the best qaulity food.

At Agrilicious.org we believe that eating Locally Grown and Organic foods provides a significant variety of benefits. Studies have shown that locally sourced and organic foods have more nutrients, including antioxidants, than traditionally grown foods. Studies also show that people who have allergies to foods or preservatives often find their symptoms lessen or go away all together when they eat only locally sourced and organic foods! Find local and organic food, and local farms in your neighborhood today at Agrilicious.org.