cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Advisor

I haven't heard

What the republicans plan to deliver after the election of 2010. Just what changes do you expect after the great upset?

22 Replies
Veteran Advisor

Re: I haven't heard

If you were to find out, you would probably be so upset that you would kick your own bucket.... so, we can't have that.....and you will have to get the bad news (for you anyway) in small doses, so that you will be able to bear up under it.

You can still hope that your fearless leader will impose Martial Law and keep the voters away from those nasty polls this fall.

Senior Advisor

Once more a mindless response. You don't know what to expect from republicans. I do more of the same old same old. Nothing positive to say. Only negativism and obstructionism.

Senior Contributor

That's what the website, Boinker introduced, Don! They haven't got a clue about what to run on, so far the best bet is on repeal of Health Insurance Reform. Can't have anybody messin' with their profit margins.

Senior Contributor

Don, your old enough to know the routine by now.  Repubs will run on bringing fiscal responsibilty back as well as ending corruption.   Pretty much the same thing we hear everytime around no matter what party you listen to.  Dems will also promise improving our schools by offering them even more money while Repubs will talk about getting tough on crime through stupid ideas such as three strikes and you're out.   The faces change but the promises seem to stay the same.

Senior Contributor

If Roy Blount is elected to the Senate (currently in House), he'll see that Congress gets a big, raise cause it's darn hard to maintain two houses on one income ($160,000yr plus bennies).

Hey Roy, it's pretty hard for the average American family to maintain ONE house on their income.

Senior Contributor

Not certain what the Republicans plan to deliver but

I'm willing to bet that a lot of people will be disappointed.  For one thing it's hard to put an avalanche back up.

Senior Advisor

Re: WHY NOT?

That's what you expected from Obama.

Senior Contributor

Re: WHY NOT?

We got exactly what I expected from Obama. Republicans will bring confidence back to the country. Don't doubt me.

Veteran Advisor

I will vote for whoever advocates less government involvement in our lives, and more self reliance. I would hope that is what the new crop of TR's (true republicans) will run on, and thus, there should not be many new programs, if any, but a winding down of the Bush and Obama excesses. And hopefully we get our troops out of harms way, and either rescind many of the regulations that our businesses in America have to follow, or place some sort of tariff or duty on foreign goods to equal this burden. In short, we are looking for less of a good thing. And we are willing to pay the price for this, which should be easy since it will mean less government spending and more for individuals to spend wisely.

Of course if you doubt your ability to invest on your own, to handle your own money, then you should oppose less government. Go for the charlatans that promise they will do it for you. And good luck with that.