cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

I love it the stupidity

exhibited by the rightwing gun nuts!  They have accomplished more with their public display of weapons in stores and restaurants than any 10 liberals could have done even in their wildest dreams!  However, if their stupidity leads to the confiscation of all guns in this country instead of just stricter background checks, will cause severe hatred coming to them from many fronts.  Liberal gun owners DO NOT want to lose their guns.  They only want the kindergarten killers stopped with better checks before buying guns!!

6 Replies
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: I love it the stupidity

I've often speculated that a reductio ad absurdum argument might be the best route to some form of gun control.

Even Justice Scalia took pains to observe that guns could be banned from certain venues such as courtrooms.

I, for one. believe that is clear violation of the founding fathers' original intent. It is a citizens right to carry guns into any courtroom, financial institution- including securites exchanges- corporate headquarters or annual shareholder meeting, etc.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

It certainly is NOT against the law in most places at any rate.  HOWEVER, if I don't want you carrying your guns into my store or restaurant, you will have to leave the guns in your car or leave or I CAN have you arrested!!  If, for some absurd reason, I don't want to tell you but my customers start to complain and leaving, I think I would change my mind and tell you to leave.  NOW What would you do??

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I have seen many from the right agree with you. Even the NRA agrees with you. Stupid dosn`t have a party......

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Marty, I'm afraid you have been blessed with more than your share. I agree that your party isn't exclusive in the stupidity department. But like money it seems to gravitate to the affluent republicans.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Where I come from if someone carries a gun into a bank, there's going to be trouble.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

You have money. Are you saying you are stupid?