Veteran Advisor

I'm going to win the Nobel prize !!!!

After hours of thinking......all visiting with everyone from both sides of the fence at the state mental hospital......I think I have

come up with the solution of our healthcare problem.....and it is very simple.......heck even BA could write it for his congressman 

to submit !!

El Cheapo Healthcare Improvement Act

ALL PATIENTS WILL BE CHARGED THE SAME RATE, THERE ARE NO DISCOUNTS FOR INSURANCE COMPANIES, NOR

ANY NEGOTIABLE RATE.

There.....you have your soluation.......something even simple El Cheapo could figure out...........

ok.....the devil is in the numbers, right ?

let's say 20% of the population does not have insurance.

let's say we have 1000 people have a broken arm........The non-negotiable rate, charged to those without insurance is $5000

so......the hospital would take in $5 million dollars...................................

compaired to before......800 people would have paid, via insurance ($2500 agreed rate)...$2 million......assuming they could 

collect 25% of the other, without collection cost, which will offset any income, so that would equal $250,000

so the total income for the procedure is $2,250,000 or in other words $2250 per broken arm..........

so, the new formula would equal out......say, those 20% paid nothing, that would bring the cost to $2000 per broken arm.....

the above example is what most hospitals operate on, 80% pay pre-set prices...20% other.....and given what we are told

hospitals are operating on the above margins.....

so if the above bill is enacted, healthcare costs would drop...........

think about the number for a while......it sounds crazy....but that's what's happening, yet this simple little bill would have

an impact.........first, no more discounts to insurance companys....ask yourself, you are paying all this money for a PREMIUM......

yet the insurance co pays at a DISCOUNT.

just think about that....you pay full, they pay half.......

if everyone paid the same, look at the above examples.......things could be interesting.

I hate to fly.....but i could use the money........do I have to go to stockholm to get the money ?

Subject Author Posted
This is a topic with new unread messages ‎07-16-2017 05:35 PM