cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

I’m serenely confident

that the GQP will deeply regret having become Trump’s xxxxx.

Not the deadenders, or the grifter pols in very red places who can continue to be somebody.

But as a national party it has big trouble ahead.

A two party state where one party is beginning a death spiral also has some challenges.

And opportunities too, I suppose. But those won’t become evident for a while.

6 Replies
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: I’m serenely confident

Well, let`s say in 2016 it was Jeb Bush v Hillary,  Bush won (debatable)  it`s not like it would`ve been a love fest for Jeb "Starving kids, racist, sexist, killing old people blah blah blah"  same ol` sh-t as what Trump went though, even though he would`ve kissed Liberal butts. 

Dirty secret who ever was president there would`ve been 100,000 200,000 300,000 400,000 "Covid deaths" unless Hillary was in then there would`ve been creative accounting to get the numbers low as possible.  If Jeb had  100,000 covid deaths assigned to him as opposed to *Trump`s 300,000 covid deaths  Ricky & Jen would`ve still posted the 100,000 deaths as if the world was ending.  Hillary or Obama could`ve had 3 or 4 million covid deaths and not a peep out of you libs or you`d blame "Republican governors and mayors" like the buck you try and pass on Flint Michigan`s water troubles.   And as much political hay could be made with 50,000 covid deaths as 5 million covid deaths depending on the party of the office holder. 

Jeb would`ve had 300,000 covid deaths just like Trump, Hillary, Obama or Biden.  And Jeb would`ve lost to Biden.  The problem that Republicans have is a country without expectations.  Raise death tax? Voters don`t care, they don`t have a pot to piss in.  Take guns away?  The inner city clowns don`t care, they don`t own a gun and if they wanted one, they`d buy one from their drug dealer.   All idiot voters in the majority care about is the made up problem of "systemic racism"  everybody wants to hear how bad they have it and the politician that makes them feel the worst gets their vote.  And Democrats have a lock on throwing pity parties.

Republicans are the "shining city on a hill" party and no one believes in themselves anymore, hard to win votes selling optimism.   It will get worse and maybe won`t ever get better.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Yeah. They should have hitched their wagon the Bruce Jenner is a girl science. Then they could be praised for their great insight into the meaning of life.

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

You get four more Jenner points. You are up to eight now. Keep it going!

r3020
Senior Advisor

So you agree with Karen boys can claim to be girls. Science is meaningless.

rsbs
Veteran Advisor

good post BA, but depressing.

I would rather pin my hopes on the trajectory of the "hispanic vote" in the USA, and the gains that Trump made in that demographic, as well as inroads into the "biden vote", aka "black vote."

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Hey Red, a friend of mine were discussing this (about Mexicans)  he said "It`s funny Mexicans aren`t Republican, because they`ll work, usually people that have to work are Republican".  That`s perhaps a crude way of getting the point across, but a true point nonetheless.  Also Mexicans seem to be better Catholics than us Norwegians are "good Lutherans". 

Hard working and religious, they are a perfect fit in the Republican party, however so far they`ve bought into what Napoleon and Snowball (literally "Snowball") have manipulated them.

Animal Farm ENG2D Exam Review. - ppt download