cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advisor

I might watch this one

We haven't devoted a single second to watching the debates of either party, but this one to night might be "the tell".  

As puke says here Trump. or Cruz is 6 of one, half a dozen of the other and the folks who are emotionall invested in what they represent aren't likely to flex.  

http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/?_r=0

So very likely the entire rest of the party and the Adelson etal donor class is going to have to unify behind one single challenger out of the rest of them to have a chance of it not being DT or TC.

i'm guessing that will be Rubino, so will be interesting to see if he gets the long minutes, the soft ball questions and the fab reviews from the GOP talking heads.

FWIW, and I may have said it here before, if we are going to have a GOP President, the wet behind the ears AIPAC candidate from he!! Rubio would very easily be my last preference from among the entire slate of them.

13 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: I might watch this one

What does Adelson matter, didn`t he back McCain and Mitt Romney?  The biggest "Jew hater" since Woodrow Wilson got into the whitehouse twice and Adelson`s money didn`t stop it.  Hillary will put "boots on the ground" as surely as any of the others that are running, with the exception of Rand Paul. 

All that would have to happen is one more "San Bernardino" and 80% of the people will be breaking Dixie Chick CDs and demanding war, even a "Bernie Sanders" would go or he`d be impeached by his own party.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Who is the biggest jew hater and why would you say such a thing?  Does that mean an american president is supposedto cow tow to all the wants and demands of Bibi Metanyahu? 

Tell me this in the history of international diplomacy, what ever positive results are the successful products of Isreali diplomacy or netanyahu's negotiations.  The truth is zippo, nothing that can attribute to that nation or it's leaders.

How many billions have we shelled out to Isreal and to Egypt in Isreals interest? 

For your information, in Iraq and syria their are various groups of religious persuasions. Some are rebels, some are not some fight each other and some don't. But rest assure that the placement of US troops on the ground and they will unify to attack the americans. So the answer is ot to throw thousands of american lives and libs away but to let the natives of those lands do the fighting and the resolving.

We have tried that will hundreds of thousands of american toops on the round i  the middle east and we were rewarded with many thousands of dead GI"s and many more wounded and crippled american soldiers. along with a couple trillion of american debt.

It's a lose lose situation. and anyone that thinks other wise is not very logical.

However, if you macho guys want to tke responsibility, issue a declaration of war against Isis or syria and then use the full might of the US arsenal but don't be surprise if you witness some incoming coming your way.

Highlighted
Advisor

Sore subject BA. The Chicks that is. Got shut out twice trying to get tickets to see them at the State Gair.  First on the Sat show and then for the show they added for Sunday after the Sat show sold out in 10 minutes.  I see that the tickets that were around 60 bucks are on sale on the after market sites like StubHub are going at 150-400 for good seats.  

Bummer. 

And, yeah, the establishment pubbies can block Trump and Cruz but probably won't be able to do the fine detail work it would take to pull it off.  Terribly worried about alienating base voters represented by people in Congress such as the likes of those who currently represent you there.

Anyway....Just carry on and do whatever you can to keep Rubio off the ticket.  Would much prefer Cruz.  He's a smart guy, if nothing else.  

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Don, we and the allies gave Israel back to the Jews after God had first given it to them way back when and I think we have a responsibility there ...at this point to be involved that Israel doesn`t really open a can of whoop @$$ on their neighbors that want to destroy them.  It was a desert, now it`s productive rich nation, those that hate tiny Israel, should roll up their sleeves and get to work too and not waste their time lobing bombs, then they might amount to something too.

We got military bases all over the world Korea, Japan, Germany, all over and send Billion$ in foreign aide all over, at least Israel is our friends.

Obama "loves the Jews less" than his Muslim brothers, he was raised in Islam and that`s where his sympathies lie.  According to a Pew poll 8% of so-called peaceful Muslims sympahize with the terrorists and Obama must be in that 8%.

*I don`t think Obama is a Muslim, I think he`s a atheist that went to a radical church just for political cover.  But, I am not judging his claimed Christianity.  I am only giving my opinion based on the facts for all to see.

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

I hear ya on concerts, #1 son and me were going to the Who concert but one of `em got sick and it is rescheduled for May 1st, I think the day before he has finals, so that`ll be interesting.

Ted Cruz is a smart man, he does have a "ethanol problem", and if he would be the nominee I`m afraid the story headlines will be "Why are women scared of Ted Cruz", he will have to do alot of photo-ops of him reading Dr Suess to his small children to counter that  Smiley Happy

Marco Rubio has alot of problems.  His credit card debt, his "gang of 8" affiliation and he comes across as a robot.   Also he`s young and looks even younger, in this day and age I think voters want someone that looks experienced.

I still say, when the dust settles Jeb will pull this off.  It might go to a brokered convention, but Jeb has that warchest to outlast just about everyone and that is what will win it is being the last man standing, like a rich man at a poker game with no limits.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Jeb has zero chance of ever becoming president.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Just thinking back a little bit in our history and the various conflicts we have been involved in. Funny but i don't recall any isreali troops in Korea or in Viet Nam.  I don't think they have a whole lot of allegience to the US of A other than wanting our money our support and our allegience to them. Isreal is our friend? well I will be your friend. Just keep sending me arms and money and pay others like egypt not to attack me.

Plus allow me to come to you place and tell you and your followers how you should deal with other folks. After all it is my interest at stake and you must comply with my wishes justlike Bibi Netanyahu.

What pizzes me off is thatthose ofthe jewish persuasion seem towant to spend our wealth and our people aka as our children and grand children to wage war in the interest of Isreal and the jewish faith. Most of us are the product of immigration to this nation. I have no interest in supporting and protecting the German people. Others have no interest in protecting the interests of france norway, sweden, italy, poland or whereever their dna originated. BUt the jewish folks are special in that they believethe american people should defend and protect their point of origin inthe universe.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I did and still will support both George's but not Jeb. The guy needs to pack it in and go home.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

# 1 son

As the youngest of 3 boys, gawd how I really  hate that term.

About Rubio, dont forget about his " zipper problem ".