cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rawhide
Advisor

I remember the good ol' days......

I remember when on a friday at recess if it was above 70 degrees we got to have a squirt gun battle. Now look...http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/04/19/alabama-girl-expelled-from-school-for-a-year-for-possessing-...

By the way........we had those deadly cub scout pocket knives too.

7 Replies
schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Re: I remember the good ol' days......

Yeah and you had to walk 10 miles uphill each way to and from school! So what! No one walked into a school and started shooting either.
rsbs
Veteran Advisor

yeah, the liberal progressive agenda has worked out wondrously, right? Life is pretty cheap these days.

rsbs
Veteran Advisor

I remember the good old days when people equated working with getting a check, rather than welfare.

Just drove around Mankato MN, and was amazed at how many help wanted signs were up. Just think if we had imported people in this area that wanted to work instead of face east and pray to Mecca?

Samthehumble
Senior Contributor

It's changed in so many ways, mostly for the bad.  When I was in school the worst thing you got busted for was smoking or fighting.   In our local school they get busted for xannax, pot and heroine.  They bring the drug dog in on a regular basis.   So many kids washing out at such a young age. 

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

RsBS, worshipping guns is a conservative thing you dolt!
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

My folks wouldn`t let me play with toy guns...which was okay, but I`m not against other kids having fun with them, I have thrown a few waterballoons  and firecrackers in my day though, I`m still a bit of a pyro. Iowa is going to make fireworks purchases legal...no more road trips to Wisconsin, things just ain`t as much fun when they`re legal. 

And us FFA boys carried pocket knives, if there was a box that needed opened the teacher would know who to call on.  In high school the students had a smoking area....it was the 80`s man Smiley Tongue   I chewed tobacco in HS which was forbidden, I suppose because of the mess mostly, then realized after HS that "Rhodes Scholars" don`t dip   🙂

Here`s a Wells Minnesota HS gal that had all kinds trouble when they found a knife in her locker

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2014/04/25/girl-expelled-after-a-pocket-knife-was-found-in-her-locker/

r3020
Senior Advisor

We don't worship guns. We worship only Almighty God. Guns are nothing more than a tool used for protection.