cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wehav
Senior Contributor

I seldom get confused but this always does

We have friends that like to hunt.  They have a number of guns and like to target shoot too.

They have kids and attend church very regularly.  They don't believe in abortion with the exception of life of mother and even then they waffle.

They have jobs.

They don't use drugs and don't drink alcohol.

They donate to charities and their church.

They are college educated, one has a masters.

They believe marriage is for two people of the opposite sex coming together for life.

I know these things because I've known them for over 38 years and we've discussed these things.

They voted for Hillary and vote Democrat.  ?????????????????????????????????????????????

In simple terms, they voted against everything they believe in and live.

10 Replies
GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

Re: I seldom get confused but this always does

With all the good qualities, they possess, maybe you should ask yourself, were did I get so messed up?
Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

What is confusing?

They do not support a con man who lies all the time.

That makes perfect sense to people who want the truth to win.

elcheapo
Veteran Advisor

We have....I don't think it's so much against the
Things you mentioned, which I think many
Can agree with.

I think the issue is with Trump himself,
Rather than the republican party.

I too, agree with many things you stated above,
But personally, I don't care for Trump, and have
Some grave reservations about him.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Free stuff trumps a lot of beliefs.

wehav
Senior Contributor

How does one come to the belief that Hillary Clinton is better than Donald Trump. 

The Clintons have a history of lying and while they live a charmed life because the Democratic controlled justice department and FBI refuse to prosecute them it doesn't exonerate them.  The fact that somebody claims to be broke and now is worth 25 million dollars while never having produced one single item or service should be sufficient proof to the most entrenched supporter that they are crooks.

And lies fall from Hillary with the same frequency as rain falls in Mawsynram, India.  The peccadilloes of former president Bill Clinton are indisputable.  These two certainly surpass the reprehensible characteristics of Donald Trump.

k-289
Senior Advisor

Several  Bankruptcy  filings   is   producing   what  -  lawyers  like  Cohen  ?  

Production  redefined  maybe  ? 

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Wehav, do those friends have a job where they`re on the government teat like a school teacher?  See, that damned teacher`s union really brainwashes their members, well any kind of government sucking job actually...they know where their bread is buttered and they don`t use Parkay, it`s real butter!

A lot of people licked their chops over "freeeee healthcare" too "make the Koch brothers pay my heath insurance Smiley Tongue".

But people these days have a price tag on everything "$1 million to sleep with their wife" or whatever.  But a Democrat politician comes out and says "I`ll give you freee health insurance...but I`m gonna take your guns and allow baby killing...so vote for me!!"  Well, some people do the math, "health insurance is $2,000 a year and that Democrat only wants my guns???I`m too old to get pregnant or knock a woman up so...Okay I`ll vote fer ya!!!"   See, they haven`t used their old 12 gauge in years, so they`ll gladly let the Democrats have it, if someone else pays their health insurance..  

I know that makes Democrat voters look selfish and greedy, but hey if the shoe fits.

bruce MN
Advisor

Brian gets it pretty much right. Suspicion of all things authoritarian and repressive.

Come to think of it, your list would be checked off at 70-80% by nearly all of the openly Democrat voters that we know personally.
backmansasktel
Senior Contributor

Re:When your world view

Does not coincide with reality, occurs razor suggests your world view is wrong-not the reality hs taken a hike.

In other words your preconceptions of what is good, socrates, are in error.