cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

I think $10K is a nice number for universal student debt forgiveness

It doesn't do a lot for the art history major from NYU who has $100K and has the menstruating mens' panties in a wad. The better looking of those are mostly working it off anyway.

Not the young surgeon with $300K, and those ought to be a taxable event (unlike farm writedowns) so somebody who's already in a 35% bracket will at least pay a lot right back.

It will help people who took on debt but couldn't finish, for whatever reason, or are serving in low paying fields. And in particular the millions of victims of (majority) for profit institutions that over promised on the potential income enhancement.

The neoliberal GQP grift caucus let that bunch of hogs get their feet in the student loan trough back in 2006 and it is always a lot easier to not let 'em in that to have to whack snouts to get 'em out. Not that I wouldn't try.

1 Reply
r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: I think $10K is a nice number for universal student debt forgiveness

50K to disappear with the stroke of a pen. Who needs a senate. Wonder if he will strike his pen again and give 50K to those who worked their way through school. I'm sure this action will lower tuition all over the nation.