cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I think Rangel Needs to Go

He's the charman of the Ways and Means Committee that writes tax law, yet he failed to pay taxes on a home in the Dominican Republic residence among many other things. The ethics committee has 5 democrats and 5 reublicans. He was offered a way to settle and didn't. It's time for trial. And all you Repubs that claim "Dems" are all peas in a pod, please explain why I wrote this post. I guess I should have titled it "Obummer looses another louse" to meet your criteria. I don't think Rangel will wrangle out of this one. I want honest congressmen. Oh yeah, while you are at it. Explain why CNN wrote this article if they are so bias?

Here is an articl on the matter.

26 Replies
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: I think Rangel Needs to Go

Don't much about this and certainly won't defend a crook but how is it that he owes taxes on property out of the country?  Does he owe them to the Dominican Republic or to the US Govt.?  What kind of tax is it?  Enlighten please.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

From what I can tell he made income (hundreds of thousands) from the Dominican property. It's not just that he owned it. I suppose he rented it out or somethng? There were 13 charges in all. Some pretty bad.

Highlighted
Advisor

Next thing will be the "reverend" al sharpton calling racism. are rangel's constituents calling for this idiot to resign?

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Like I said "Ida," the committee consist of five "Dems" and five "Repubs." Pelosi said the hearings needed to go forward. What the rest of them are saying, I am not sure. I don't think this one is about race. It's about ethics and law.  

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

What kills me is how dirty members of Congress will say they made an honest mistake and didn't know the rules.   For heavens sake they write the dang rules.  You can't swing a cat in DC without hitting at least a dozen lawyers.   Most of these Congressmen are lawyers or have several lawyers on their staff, or in their inner circle or have them as friends so if the Congressmen are truly not smart enough to understand the rules governing them they sure as heck have access to plenty of lawyers to interpret the rules for them.  I'm curious how hard Rangel would have been trying to solicit money for the college if there was not going to be a building named after him?

I'm thinking Dems have to be upping the pressure on Rangel to step down as they sure don't want to have this trial taking place right before the Nov. elections.  One can also expect Repubs to use this during the upcoming election and play clips of Pelosi's promise to drain the swamp of corruption.   I too expect to be hearing from Al Sharpton any day about this being a racist witch hunt. 

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

we really want him to stay till nov

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

it is simple he is a tax evader like so many obummer BACKERS---but please ask him to stay

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

no none of his BACKERS thinks he is an idiot--- they are all racists oer avwen worse dumocrats

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Rangel goes nowhere. He is part of the ruling elite, they make the rules for the rest of us, they themselves are above the law. Not a bankster on Wall Street that wants to see him leave.