cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Re:Just a little primer for a mental midget

Seniors collecting SS and medicare have been paying in for 45 years or more. Those fund have been borrowed by the generalfund to pay for excesses in the military. Since the soviet union broke up, the united states has spent 9 trillion on upgradiing military weapons alone.

During 2008 and 2009 the financial markets collapsed along with thousands of businesses and millions of job losses. Those employees and the employers have been paying in to the federal government for decades to pay for unemployment benefits should they ever need them. So we have millions of unemployed drawing benefits instead of paying taxes and you want to blame beneficiaries for the shortfall in revenues and the increase in benefits.

It is your government that contracted to pay benefits for the unemployed and for seniors and you were blessed with millions to finance your wild and reckless military adding trillions to the debt and now you blame entitlement spending for not financing todays wars and tomorrows.

gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

Re: Did just what you said

It is easy to quote those statistics. What you have so often forgotten is why Obama had to spend more.  Have you conveniently forgotten the stimulus package plus the introduction of Obama care? 

It is getting very tiresome of hearing you all blame Obama for this when you forget what got you there in the first place.  Sure, he hasn't done much to reduce the debt, for obvious reasons but you cannot pull your socks up if you have none on.

verbatime
Senior Contributor

Republicans and Democrats are working together....

Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

Mental midget responds

@kraft-t wrote:

Seniors collecting SS and medicare have been paying in for 45 years or more.

Where did I say anything about blaming the seniors who are on SS/Medicare, or cutting their benefits?   I merely pointed out, that military spending, is lower now, than it was through the 60s, 70s, etc in % of GDP, but entitlements are WAY up.   Entitlements include things like Obamaphones, needles for drug addicts, condoms for grade schools, money for Chinese hookers, etc.   There are plenty of ways to cut the growth of entitlement spending, without making the poor and elderly suffer.

Those fund have been borrowed by the generalfund to pay for excesses in the military. Since the soviet union broke up, the united states has spent 9 trillion on upgradiing military weapons alone.

The entire military budget, is roughly HALF the deficit.    While it is a large part of the problem (and I have never argued it wasn't), it is not the only problem.  To deny that, is to deny facts.

During 2008 and 2009 the financial markets collapsed along with thousands of businesses and millions of job losses. Those employees and the employers have been paying in to the federal government for decades to pay for unemployment benefits should they ever need them. So we have millions of unemployed drawing benefits instead of paying taxes and you want to blame beneficiaries for the shortfall in revenues and the increase in benefits.

Again, when have I done this?   Can you give me an example, or are you making stuff up?   I don't belive I have EVER blamed the honest, out of work, or poor people for anything.   I have blamed the cheaters, swindlers, and the politicians who give away my tax dollars just to pander to votes, though.

It is your government that contracted to pay benefits for the unemployed and for seniors and you were blessed with millions to finance your wild and reckless military adding trillions to the debt and now you blame entitlement spending for not financing todays wars and tomorrows.

It seems you've been voting for this government a lot longer than I have.  Why are you trying to blame me for it?   I have consistently sought out those who will waste the least amount of taxpayer money, to give my vote to.  I've lived in Nebraska, all my voting life, and my understanding is you were in Iowa, the majority of yours.

If you want to compare 'my' government to 'yours', are you willing to compare the fiscal health of Nebraska, to Iowa?  That would be a lot more fair, as Nebraska is such an insignificant State, in the national elections, that they don't even campaign here, except for Omaha, and maybe a little in Lincoln.

hardnox604008
Advisor

Re: I think the debt debacle is silly

Sorta what Uncle Warren said on CBS Morning. Debt % to GDP at present no big deal but growth needs to be controlled.

Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

@gough whitlam wrote:

It is easy to quote those statistics. What you have so often forgotten is why Obama had to spend more.  Have you conveniently forgotten the stimulus package plus the introduction of Obama care? 

The first stimulus package, was under Bush, and it is reflected in the charts, as being under Bush.  If you read the article I linked to where the charts came from, you should see a footnote on Bush's last year, that says that many people belive that much of the first stimulus money, ought to be attributed to Obama, but they put it on Bush, as that was when the money was allocated.

As for Obamacare, Obama didn't 'have' to spend more, he 'chose' to spend more.
  In fact, he rallied on and on, to get it passed, against strong opposition.  

It is getting very tiresome of hearing you all blame Obama for this when you forget what got you there in the first place.  Sure, he hasn't done much to reduce the debt, for obvious reasons but you cannot pull your socks up if you have none on.

Where did I put any 'blame'?  I merely made a factual statement, followed by charts to back it up, because some here (not you necessarily) otherwise would chime in that I had no proof to back up what I stated.  

If there is blame, it is with Congress, because all the President can do, is pass or veto spending bills.

However, he CAN submit a budget, and let Congress use that as a blueprint, on where to go.  He tried that once, and got zero support from anyone.   He also can say 'bring down the deficit, or I'll veto your bill', which might get results, but he has yet to actually do anything like that, as far as I can remember.

My biggest gripe about Obama, when it comes to the budget, is he is doing what he did in Congress.   Voting 'present' without showing any real leadership of consequence.

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Do you really think

welfare queens are soaking this country for a trillion a year? How many billion for condems? How many billion for chinese hookers? How many billions for Obama phones? The military is far over have the budget because much of their spending has been? off budget.

The repubs are targeting entirtlements and their first targets are SS and medicare follwed closely by medicaid.

Once again I regret responding to you. What a fing waste!

r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: Do you really think

@kraft-t wrote:

welfare queens are soaking this country for a trillion a year? How many billion for condems? How many billion for chinese hookers? How many billions for Obama phones? The military is far over have the budget because much of their spending has been? off budget.

The repubs are targeting entirtlements and their first targets are SS and medicare follwed closely by medicaid.

Once again I regret responding to you. What a fing waste!

The wars might have been off budget but they are still part of the national debt. The fact is the military makes up less than 1/5 of the budget. The country takes in 2.1 trillion/year and spends a little over 600 billion on the military. Where your SS money went to was the war on poverty. It became your contribution to charity. It's gone. Once you make a contribution to charity it is no longer your money.

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

another comment from the midgetry!

Taylor ECIL
Senior Contributor

Would that be Bush's budget? Because democrats won't even entertain any budget?