cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

I understand now............

It was a struggle of getting out of bed this morning, it was cold out........still have ALOT OF WORK TO DO......but logic to myself

i'll wait until noon when it gets warmer, equipment will start easier.

so, I did, alarm went off at 530 and started getting ready....I hit services at two churchs.........long story there.

Anyhow, the pastor at the second service got wound up......talking about forgiveness and things....

but he said something that just went off in my mind..

he was saying that in Germany, the jews were called rats.....and how this "dehumanizing", made it possible for the germans to treat the

jewish people as they did.......same in another instance, in a country, another kind of people were called names, and thusly lost

their status as human, so therefore anything could be said or done to them..............

The was just about like a lighting bolt to me......that is exactly what is being done now.......today.

an entire industry (media).........are called various, less than human names.........a step in dehumanizing them

and what about those that you don't agree with, or a member of a certain party.....the names called on this forum alone, shows

how we are become dehumanized.

by calling people these names, or saying such things, we can "logic" it that we can say more and more worse things, and allows

us to do more and more thing to them

if one group does not like you, or disagree's with you, it's now easy, dehumanize them........or make them out to be less than

a whole person.

I understand it all now........where the real god fearing people are, and most importantly, who they are........

but also, it is not well for a "Christian" to walk around and judge people...looking down their noses on people, but thinking

what they have done is "better" or makes them "better", or "closer to god"..........actually, more distance.

3 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: I understand now............

Yes calling a group of people has always been a way of dehumanizing them so atrocities can be carried out. Has happened many times in history and continues today.

In discussions when the person resorts to name calling it just means they have no points to put forward to support their opinion. In other words they lost the argument.

Honored Advisor

Have you people seen how the president and his supporters are treated and portrayed in the "entertainment" industry?
Senior Advisor

You mean all white people aren't racist? All cops don't want to gun down blacks?