NewAgJudge
Senior Contributor

I want these killers stopped

Deport!!.jpg

6 Replies
Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Re: I want these killers stopped

Read an article last night about the number of people kids under 5 had shot in the last few years in your country.

It went through several heart wrenching storiesa but kids shooting their siblings or themselves and it did not get into those who were injured just those who were killed.

Big numbers that no one seems to worry about and it would be so simple to solve if only peole did not keep guns available in their houses and purses.

NewAgJudge
Senior Contributor

That's true. However how can a good toddler withOUT  a gun defend himself from a bad toddler WITH a gun ???

( btw, did you see my PM to you ? )

r3020
Senior Advisor

You need to sit some of your buddies down and have a chat.

snip-

But after the high-profile 1998 kidnapping and murder of Matthew Shepard, some in the community began speaking about self-defense measures. In 2000, Pink Pistols started in Massachusetts as a response to these kinds of violent incidents; "Queers bash back" and "Pick on someone your own caliber" were two early slogans. Sixteen years later, there are active Pink Pistols chapters in more than 30 U.S. cities, as well as in Canada and South Africa.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/4011110-155/were-here-were-queer-were-packing

jleithliter1961
Frequent Contributor

Another toddler shot himself today!

NewAgJudge
Senior Contributor

Spoiler

That's really sad and  too bad.  But, the GOP will TAKE ACTION by offering  a moment  of silence and a prayer or two

Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^)
Veteran Advisor

@jleithliter1961 wrote:

Another toddler shot himself today!

Captain Obvious says:

He probably won't do that again!

My 2yr old got shocked by an outlet!

aidensmommy297
Posted 10/26/2009
Well this happened last night and he's okay today but I'd just like some input from other parents who have been through this! Last night I was working on my laptop in bed. I had it plugged into the wall and went into the kitchen to get a drink. Not even 30 secs later I heard my son shriek and start crying. I knew by the cry that something was wrong and when I went in the room he was standing there holding his hand and the plug was halfway out of the wall. I think he touched the metal part of the plug while it was still halfway plugged in. His fingers were all red and hot to the touch but I ran them under cold water(my MIL's suggestion) and he calmed down. He seemed fine the rest of the night and is doing great today but it scared the crap out of me! Have any of your kids done this and what did you do? And did they ever do it again or was it a lesson learned??

Should we ban electricity because toddlers stick stuff into the outlet? Parents need to keep an eye on their kids. 

My Dad wanted me to understand how dangerous guns were. He let me shoot, while well supervised, a 12 gauge shotgun. It about knocked me to the ground. It also gave me an instant lesson on what can happen if a weapon is mishandled. Little kids need to know what a gun can do, so they will understand that they are not toys.