cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: I went to Church today

My Dad passed away shortly after 9/11, no one cried harder or missed anyone more than I. I have no desire to relive his funeral or the extremely tough years that followed, but I have done what he would have wanted, I have moved on.  I only can laugh when remembering Dad and look forward to one day meeting Him and Mom again one day.

Highlighted
Advisor

Not having seen any of it yet reading here and listening to others talk about all of it (the hper levelof commemorative coverage makes me queasy.

Jim Kunstler sums it up rather well in the opeing paragraph of his column this morning:

I don't want to be party pooper, but is it possible that all the 9/11 remembrance hoopla was a kind of weekend refuge from reality for this psychologically spavined nation? Memorializing is easy; acting resolutely in the here-and-now is another matter. To me, the various  9/11 doings that radiated out over the media gave off an indecent odor of triumphalism - a correspondent of mine referred to it as "self-important histrionics." We seem to put on these shows because we don't know what else to do, and because the only truly effective homegrown industry left in the USA is public relations, the business of making your own reality.

http://kunstler.com/blog/2011/09/seeing-stars.html

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I have been watching it also and I will never forgive those pr-cks for what they done to innocent people.  Steele is right though,  you shouild have waited intead of plunging the country into a war on nothing and huge debt.  Remember Vietnam?