cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

I won't wear a MAGA hat

Nor put any supporting stickers on my truck or wear anything similar.  I'm careful what I say in any public place.

Cher says you're not safe unless you wear a MAGA hat but I feel the opposite.  Reading the news accounts over the last months its been Trump supporters or Republicans that have been attacked.  I'm afraid for my family,  I don't want to be attacked by a group of people that feel they are somehow morally superior and that gives them the right to attack anybody who supports a different point of view.

I pray that this will change. 

15 Replies
Senior Advisor

Re: I won't wear a MAGA hat

I guess Cher has never heard of Steve Scalise.

Senior Contributor

Daughter just started a new semester at college last week.   She said first day in one class a kid wore a maga hat, teacher started talking to the class, told them most of them would do well then looked straight at the kid with the maga hat and said "some of you won't do well at all".

Same prof in a later class told them that white people could not be the object of hate speech, only minorities.

Its instructive learning about the Orwellian society that's being built.  My kids tell me that on social media they are constantly bombarded with the SJW mantra.  I ask them how they respond, or suggest how I would respond.  They say that they don't dare, as it can effect admissions to college and later employment opportunities.

So, while its true in a public space you can still say what you want, you better not.

Senior Contributor

What does that say about a Catholic school sending a school class to an anti-abortion rally? Seems to me a little hypocrisy going on here?? Goose and Gander??  

Senior Contributor

Now you know how anti Trump supporters felt at a Trump rally.  

Advisor

Why would it be hypocritical for a Catholic school to send its students to attend a march for life rally?

Sometimes I wonder if several of you are actually plants here, and English is a second language. That would explain quite a bit.

Advisor

Worried about aging baby boomers and millennials armed with cellphones, are you.

You are considerably safer than some woman on a sidewalk in Charlotsville or some guy trying to get by selling cigarettes on a NYC street corner.

Not to mention that “your side” has all of the guns. Show a little more confidence in your convictions. Those hats are no different than the brown shirts that became so popular in Continental Europe just a speck less than a century ago. Led to big things.
Senior Contributor

It is probably a disservice to send your vulnerable students to a university all set to indoctrinate them with Marxist propaganda. 

I sent my son to a trade apprenticeship program, instead, and he now makes more money than a liberal arts graduate. 

Senior Contributor

I proudly have a Trump sticker on the back window of my truck.  

If someone wants to start trouble, it will give me the excuse to do something that I can't write here. 

Senior Contributor

Allot of kids would be better served following that path.

She's 16, second semester in college.   Would like to be a supreme court justice, probably will settle for senator.