cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: IRS about to get tough on Obama care

TV's. Lasik surgery....how about vison screening, eye glasses, and eye appointments? All are lower than a few years ago and are products of extreme capitalistic competition.

Nothing in the vision of Obamacare drives down costs, and in fact adds to costs by putting in more levels of government bureacracy.

So I guess the answer is universal Medicare, more government control, and mandated cost controls....ie "single payor".....(sarcasm off).

Can you just imagine what a TV would cost under such a system, if you could even get one?

Highlighted
Advisor

I remember when I first started out of college. I got hired by a small startup and they equipped me with the companies first 80386 Intel based computer. It had a 16mhz processor and a 10 Mbit hard drive. The absolute top of the line. Cost $10,000.
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

As a matter of fact yes about 6 weeks ago.  Why?

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

I bought the top of the line IBM 286 a few years ealier for $2500.  Do you not give any credit to the lower prices later on to the increase in technology that drives production costs down??  I do.  Probably moreso than competition.  I think it probably only that way in Electronic devices.  You don't see cars or tractors going down in price due to anything!

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Aren't you cute!  If I had your brains, we'd both be dumber than a box of hammers!  Why do you even read my posts?  Trying to learn something?

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Sally , your "posts" are not read intentionally

dumbazz, I was replying to 3020, who was trying to talk sense with the Juicer. The only time I read one of your posts is when they get in the way of a thread. Just like Goofy, Sheepshearer, etal....they should just have an "ignore" feature. Please do not respond to any of mine because you are a waste of time. Go rewalk your route and remember your glory days.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

You should learn from your parent's mistake--use birth control!

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Sally , your "posts" are not read intentionally

At least I have glory days to remember!  In parting, kiss my asss!

Highlighted
Advisor

productivity gains are because of competition.
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Sam, that is the truth, but you will have the Marxists respond that the technology gains come from government grants. Guys that have never figured out how to make a dime on their own see the world this way....they are modern serfs, and the more totalitarian the forces that control their lives, the happier they are.