cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RJG640v8
Advisor

Re: If property rights were real

I saw what you said before it got deleted.......... you give yourself too much credit thinking you provoke me into anger with your presence .  I just thought it odd for a person to be here that carped and whined about the censorship and such. 

It's been often said here and other places that lefties, liberals , progressives are the nasty , uncivil , in the mud players, some are, myself included here and there............. However, it looks like the righties are such.  I mean your assumption was such that you had to resort to being uncivil, and hence your post was deleted.  What I have seen over the years is that whatever righties are pointing their fingers at , whomever/whatever they are flagging , is an indication of the wrongs they themselves are committing.

I hope you have a wonderful day.

gh2002gh
Senior Contributor

I have a feeling we'll be on this subject for a good couple of days Bob, it's one of my favorites. 

Let's start with some basics.  

Consensus....that's a great term.  You also mentioned flat earth.   Wasn't there consensus that the earth was flat a few hundred years ago?  

If the majority had consensus, wouldnt that make it "settled science"?

So Bob, do you believe settled science or not?

Samthehumble
Senior Contributor

"I just thought it odd for a person to be here that carped and whined about the censorship and such."

I'll let nox know

farmerbob44
Senior Contributor

property rights absolutism

worth noting that only a few hundred years ago most property in the West was owned by a tiny number of noblemen who, for the most part, acquired that hereditary right because some distant ancestor who happened to bet right on which warlord to throw his lot in with. The morality of the arrangement was founded on the notion that God had ordained it, and the church generally supported that assertion and kept the masses focused on their heavenly rewards.

At times there was some regrettable excess in the process of convincing the beneficiaries that it wasn't thus ordained.

Most of us have benefited from that change of circumstances, being most all descended from poor and property-less people not too far back.

Still, the concentration of ownership of property (broadly defined) is probably approaching a feudal degree. And yes, in that analogy the knights and knaves who had a wee bit in return for being in liege to the nobles also suffered when the system was rearranged.

farmerbob44
Senior Contributor

Yes, it is one of the central theses of RW trolls.

Only idiots would play that game.

gh2002gh
Senior Contributor

I agree...only an idiot believes consensus is science.  

When I evaluate a study, I dont look at what 80 percent of the authors think.  I look at the data/results and the method.  

The fact that you think you support any scientific argument based on group think shows how little you know about the scientific method. 

How many scientists does it take to prove 999999999 wrong?  

One if their work is repeatable.  

RJG640v8
Advisor

so you think nox carped and whined about censorship / banning ????

looking through the history of his few different handles here , I saw no carping or whining by him about being censored / banned.

is it odd that he keeps coming back after obvious multiple banishment ??  That is probably the correct line of thought you should have pursued.  

Samthehumble
Senior Contributor

he has, ask him.