cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

If things don`t work out for Trump..

...he can always blame George W Bush, that strategy worked the last 8 years.   Smiley Very Happy

11 Replies
hardnox
Advisor

Re: If things don`t work out for Trump..

Top of the mornin' to you, nazi punk.

GWB will forever remain mired at the bottom of the US presidential rankings. Let us count the ways- the worst attack on US soil in history on his watch (whocouldathunkit!,) two lost wars, the scorn of the international community over war crimes, the structure for a police state, the worst financial disaster since the Great Crash. 

Jimmy Carter has sorta moved his way up to the lower middle over the eyars owing to his post presidential persona. In GWB's case, even republicans desperately don't want him around so he has no chance.

But the echo chamber does provide the handy dogwhistle that you just blew.

hardnox
Advisor

And point being that of course you and your ideology bear no responsibility.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Old George was another example of the people choosing one person and the (rigged) system giving the prize to the other person running.

Hope it works out better this time.

Packard27
Senior Contributor

We could either blame GW Bush or global warming. Then again, I've always gotten those two reliable strawmen confused these past eight years.

hardnox
Advisor

Do they send you people somewhere to get reprogrammed periodically?

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Packard; since you drag global warming into this do you realize that it, Global Warming, is considered one of the reasons for much of the conflicts around the world?

The Mid east with all its troubles has seen record high temps lately and poor crops because of weather.

All these are considered caused by the increasing temperatures around the globe and put pressures on society which leads to movement of people away from these areas seen as more habitable.

So for those who deny climate change and the warming climate and then get all upset about people migrating to their more favourable climatic area it really is the case of ignorance causing the problem the most fear.

In other words they are guilty of causing or continuing conditions causing their own worst fears.

hardnox
Advisor

As a great Canadian American (J.K. Galbreath) said, "people of privelege will always risk their own destruction before surrendering any of their advantage." 

Whether it is AGW and the adherence to the precautionary principle which says that we should go with such a strong preponderance of scientific opinion, or many other things.

It is the essential Trumpist principle.

Sort of the essence of my post in marketing about the risks when you lie to yourself.

Packard27
Senior Contributor

Now hold on just a minute Canuck,

I view the global warming industry the exact same way I do Disneyworld, Obamacare (i.e. Health Insurance Industry) organic food, tobacco products, and the gaming industry. While I may not necessarily be an actual customer of any of these products or services, I am certainly an avid, albeit small (i.e. very small) investor in all of them.

You say you want more windmills? Me, Jeff Immelt, and GE all enthusiastically agree with you. Step right up. We have just what you need in the color and size that you want. How about more solar panels for you and your community? We've got lots of new lovely panels ready to ship when you are ready.

Do I believe in global warming? Oh yes my friend. If you are buying then me (in a very small way) and my closest friends are indeed selling..and God bless America and Canada too.

hardnox
Advisor

I wouldn't argue against the proposition that a bunch of billionaires and multinational corporations can't crush the renewables industries. Odds are that they just did.

But that's a whole different thing.