cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

If this doesn't shake your confidence in the GOP

You can't have a conscience, or are impervious to the truth, and the truth is, they don't give a damn, and did absolutely nothing to try to improve it, or introduce an alternative!! Some party!!

9 Replies
Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Re: If this doesn't shake your confidence in the GOP

I may have posted this before but it is something that stays in my memory.

Talked to a man who was telling me that he had 9 or 10 siblings.

1 of his brothers lived in the USA and his wife had medical issues.

This brother and wife had sold their house and used all their savings for her care.

So the rest of the family was each shipping in $10,000 to help him out.

He said since it did not cost them anything for medical care in Canada they were able to do that.

Polaris Racer
Senior Contributor

Those other countrys are not full of dead beat's that don't pay thier bills What a concept!!!!!

Edmund55
Senior Contributor

(You can't have a conscience, or are impervious to the truth, and the truth is, they don't give a damn, and did absolutely nothing to try to improve it, or introduce an alternative!! Some party!!)

Well that was pretty easy to disprove - maybe Canuck can tell us the # of medical related bankruptcies in Canada.

Re: Socialized "medicine" , Die Waiting

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Millie; I believe your post is called 'cherry picking'

You need to look at a few more studies to see if they agree with the one you posted 

Then if you want to check the accuracy of your posted info youmight want to read through this article which points out the problems with the data and how it is 'used' to get the posted info.

When did the diagnosis get made and was treatment necessary?

https://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/cancer-care-in-the-u-s-versus-europe/

This is only a small sample from the article but points out some of the inaccuracies that can be in reports that are taken without good cross reference of data and of course the possibility of over diagnosis and therefore unnecessary treatments.

This latter “exhibit” suggests that the vast majority of the detected survival advantage in the U.S. was due mainly to breast and prostate cancer, exactly the two cancers for which screening programs were ramped up beginning in the late 1970s through the 1980s.

Given the common knowledge of how lead time bias affects comparisons of the sort Philipson et al did, I really wanted to know why Philipson et al chose to look at survival statistics from time of diagnosis, rather than cancer death rates or another measurement:

ihmarty543282
Senior Contributor

One simple question. Why do people from all over the world come here to get health care?

Is that like the 'cherry picking' that you do regarding the "man-made climate change" data?

I listen to RTÉ radio in Ireland , regularly. One of the most heard topics are the ghastly waiting lists for medical attention. Many children DIE while waiting for things that are routinely cared for here in the U.S..

Here is an article that appeared in the Irish Examiner that underscores the failure of single payer controlled health care. 

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/20000-children-on-hospital-waiting-lists-383437.html

eringobrah.gif

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

Here's one of, Craigo's, stooges, now!! They don't, they go were ever they can be it, Mexico and other places. You might want to check it out.

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

Well, IH, and Craigo, that was just to easy!! Now go hide your heads!!

http://news.health.com/2009/04/08/traveling-treatment/