cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: When You're Reich, you are Right!

As long as there are govt employees who paid into the federal retirement system as I did, there will be govt retirement benefits.  We aren't getting freebies from anyone. And besides during the bush regime, Congress forced the post service to fully fund retirements to include people they haven't even hired yet.  They didn't force any other govt agency to do so.  That is one reason the PO has had a cash problem.  They had to put out BILLIONS to comply!!  The only one you are helping pay for is my military retirement so thank you.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@schnurrbart wrote:

As long as there are govt employees who paid into the federal retirement system as I did, there will be govt retirement benefits.  We aren't getting freebies from anyone. And besides during the bush regime, Congress forced the post service to fully fund retirements to include people they haven't even hired yet.  They didn't force any other govt agency to do so.  That is one reason the PO has had a cash problem.  They had to put out BILLIONS to comply!!  The only one you are helping pay for is my military retirement so thank you.

No government employee gets paid without the tax dollars from a private sector job.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Maybe if you weren't so one dimensional, and would open your mind to what's going on outside your little world, you might finally get so real persective what these Republicans have been up to.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Except the Postal Service DH!!!

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@schnurrbart wrote:

Except the Postal Service DH!!!

You are correct. The postal service employees earn their pay directly from the tax payers. But they receive nothing in other government benefits, along with other federal employees without the money being raised from tax on private sector earnings. This also include all social security benefits and medicare benefits. The less the earning the less tax dollar available. That is why we need to have tax laws that allow business to stay competitive in the world market.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

http://deliveringforamerica.com/infographic-the-truth-about-postal-finances/

"Despite a common misconception and, unlike other government agencies, the Postal Service receives zero tax dollars for its operations and is instead funded entirely by revenues from postage and services. In FY 2013, the Postal Service saw a $623 million dollar profit delivering the mail."

If tax payers fund them, it's because they mail things. People who do not pay taxes also fund them.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Sled Racer

At least I listen to what you have to say. If I insult you it's because I care. I don't insult just anybody, do I?

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@KNAPPer wrote:

http://deliveringforamerica.com/infographic-the-truth-about-postal-finances/

"Despite a common misconception and, unlike other government agencies, the Postal Service receives zero tax dollars for its operations and is instead funded entirely by revenues from postage and services. In FY 2013, the Postal Service saw a $623 million dollar profit delivering the mail."

If tax payers fund them, it's because they mail things. People who do not pay taxes also fund them.

Are you a tax payer? Does the postal service earn money from you? I was agreeing with Bart. They earn their money directly from the tax payers, it is not filtered through government. They are a government agency. The government does set the postal rate.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

I don't know what you are talking about and neither do you.  The postal service pays it's own way.  The employees pay into their own retirement fund and they pay for their insurance just like you do. They get SS now but not if they are civil service.  Why do oil companies receive billions in tax and other subsidies?  They make billions each quarter!  They got the only game in town especially when characters like you keep electing the ones who vote to take care of any competition!

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@schnurrbart wrote:

I don't know what you are talking about and neither do you.  The postal service pays it's own way.  The employees pay into their own retirement fund and they pay for their insurance just like you do. They get SS now but not if they are civil service.  Why do oil companies receive billions in tax and other subsidies?  They make billions each quarter!  They got the only game in town especially when characters like you keep electing the ones who vote to take care of any competition!

You are right Bart. I agree with you. The postal service pays it's own way. The oil companies produce the tax revenue that funds the rest of government. No corporately profits no government. Period. But they should not be given subsidies. That is not the role of government. I'm going to support Hillary because she never takes money from large corporations. She is going to protect me and you.