cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

If you don't want to pay taxes

and you don't want to retire debt. Are you a bit irresponsible?  It sounds like you may be suffering from the same affliction that congress is. You don't want to owe up to your responsibilities even when your able to.

Or am I being too cruel?

42 Replies
dagwud
Senior Contributor

Re: If you don't want to pay taxes

I think there are very very few people who are agaisnt paying taxes but that there are a growing number that believe we are starting to be over taxed and that government spending needs to be reined in and we need to work harder to cut some of the pork, waste and fraud.  I agree Congress is being irresponsible in their spending at a time of massive red ink but also believe Congress and past presidents have also been guilty of irresponsible spending and being bought off by special interst.  Let me make it perfectly clear Don that I am referrring to Repub POTUS and members of Congress as well.

Could not not one also suggest that if you feel we should not cut spending or taxes and that we should all be willing to agree to more and more taxes then you should not use all the deductions allowed to you when figuring you taxes next spring?

tomtoolbag
Veteran Advisor

People and businesses take advantage of the tax breaks because they legally can. It's no different than every farmer here complaining about subsidies and how they want them to end, but they still apply for them and cash that check. It's exactly the same. We ALL need to make a sacrifice, not just one or two groups of people. But everybody wants someone else to go first, or cut theirs more than mine.

Brent Olsen had a good suggestion of freezing new hires and cutting the budget minimally, along with reducing next years increases.

It sounds like you've been at the tea bagger meetings again, dagwud. Or did you really stop going??

ollie2655
Senior Contributor

odummers stupid moves are not MY responsibility

Kraftedbydemocrats
Senior Contributor

Dag hit the nail on the head again Donny boy. I am not against paying taxes. I am against irresponsible spending. The way you post on here, it sounds you love higher taxes and more spending. I want a government the will reign in spending so taxes can be low and stay low.

BA Deere
Senior Contributor

I don`t mind making a fair contribution in taxes. Like the story of the chicken contributing a egg to breakfast, however the pig makes a total sacrifice by providing the bacon to the meal. If Obama was serious about reducing debt, we`d all gladly meet him half way. After he saddled us with the trillions of dollars rathole known as "Obamacare"....all bets are off!! You`re not being cruel, just selfish and stupid  Smiley Wink   Just yankin` your chain, Kraftsman.

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

So you think I should try to eliminate the national debt by myself?  And i should do that while these folks pride themselves on tax avoidance.

BA Deere
Senior Contributor

My advice to any farmer getting a subsidy check is .........TAKE IT!! The government will get it out of you sooner or later anyway. The Feds shift program expenses to the states and the States push costs down to the County level, ask any Co. Supervisor/Commissioner and they will tell you. Look once at your property tax bill, teacher salaries, mental health costs, road costs, and getting more! Imagine owning a farm out of your children`s school district and having 60% of your prop tax bill going to fund schools there! On the Federal spending level seem to have money to give $100,000 grants to goofs who are studying the mating habits of gay snapping turtles. Look at gov`t spending like, you`re working for the boss of a failing company. The boss is imbezzling company money to spend on wh*res and booze, plus doing stupid things to purposely destroy the company/country. Would you voluntarily take a "pay cut" under those circumstances? Given those FACTS, a farmer would have to be a few bricks short of a load to turn down FAIR money!

bruce MN
Veteran Advisor

"Imagine owning a farm out of your children`s school district and having 60% of your prop tax bill going to fund schools there!"

There is a very simple solution to avoiding that.'

hobbyfarm2145365
Senior Contributor

Your constantly whining, attended a house sale in home town sold for 64.000.00 taxes were 1947.00 a year   how would like to pay that per square foot on your farm land. and you know  they don't have the luxury  of raising per foot a cash  crop while have fellow taxpayer support to do it    You rant about schools, but with gas prices how much do you save having ya ellow bus   hauling your future pail calfs to school for 180 days a year.    I drove a bus and the farther out was 15 miles or 60 miles per day  at $2.60 gas do the math.