cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dagwud
Senior Contributor

Re: If you don't want to pay taxes

No I just went to the one meeting and only for about 45 minutes before we left.  The boss said she would rather be shopping then attending a political rally.  I needed to stay longer at the rally though cause they must bring out all the racist speakers and posters at the end since I never saw any while there.

tomtoolbag
Veteran Advisor

I must admit that I was trying to see if you'd go full-on republican on me yesterday. I had a crappy day, literally, as I was flushing out two dozen sump pumps again that were used to stem the flow of sewage shooting out of floor drains when we had the recent hard rains. I had to do it twice, because it happened again the next week because of the open trenches and hard rains again while the problem was trying to be fixed.

But, on your recent income tax increase I should have clarified whether your income tax RATES went up, and not because you moved into another bracket. Ya snuck that one by me.

I can't say as though the toss-up between shopping and a political rally would be a choice, I'd take option C, which hopefully is a cold beer and ballgame, and if not......a fork to the eye.

dagwud
Senior Contributor

I'm with you on the ball game and a cold beer. 

I was never much interested in politics when I was younger.  While I am much more interested in politics these days I still have no desire to attend political rallies or donate money to their causes.  The only reason I attended the Tea Party rally was to see if it was as racist as many were suggesting they were.  Doubt you see me at another poltical rally of any type for some time.  Especially if the wife is in tow.

This has been the year to be a salesman or manufacturor for sump pumps.  Hopefully your troubles have ended in that area.

tomtoolbag
Veteran Advisor

Yea, those pumps were in big demand, and there was huge shortage of them too. I was lucky that I had quick access to some to keep things from going to far South.

I know what you mean about politics, as I've been too busy usually to even think about it. It seems that every type of trade association/organization I belong to or did ends up focusing on politics too much. The top people of those orgs like to use their position to cozy up to politicos to advance their own businesses and line their pockets. Heck, we got one of those exact same people running for Governor here in IL. Between before and during his stint in politics, his business has multiplied who knows how many times. It just leaves such a bad taste that I lose interest(and faith) in good government.

But NOTHING beats a cold beer while the Cubs are playing(getting stomped).

BA Deere
Senior Contributor

Farmers pay house taxes too, you Ignoramus!

That`s right Hobby Lobby, the assessor comes out every few years to see if you put on a deck or new machine shed and Ca Ching! Up goes your taxes!  I don`t know where you drove your gasoline powered, ya ellow school bus. Here in God`s country my kids and a couple others are farm kids, the rest aren`t farmers and live on acreages. I`m not whinning about anything. I`m only showing you and your "Kudos Khorus" the other side of your single-sided Hatered of farmers. As I`ve said if you open your "Magoo" eyes you will see "Never before have so Few done so Much for so Many for so little as the American Farmer!". 

hobbyfarm2145365
Senior Contributor

Re: Farmers pay house taxes too, you Ignoramus!

HA, I like your last sentence nothing like putting your self up on pedestal,

bruce MN
Veteran Advisor

I've been pondering if there will be some opportunity for those people who BA derides as JUST  "living on acreages" to post some universally understood sign at their gatepost or end drive to let the pillaging masses who will be storming the countryside looking for food and treasure that they aren''t the rich farmers who they are looking for, but rather are simple laborers and craftsmen and retirees who chose to get away from the city?

Like something like the Bible story where blood was smeared above the door.

BA Deere
Senior Contributor

Once AGAIN you`ve put words in my post, Bruce!

Where did I "deride" anyone not farming and living on a acreage? Where did I say "JUST" "living on acreages"?  I SAID NOTHING OF THE SORT!!!!!!!!  Those living on acreages are our friends!! If my Dad wasn`t a Farmer I would be "Living on a acreage" and working in town!!! Try to comprehend what you`re reading.......please, Bruce.

tomtoolbag
Veteran Advisor

You're so 80s BA. There's this new thing that assures majority compliance in unknown exterior improvements.

It's called satellite photos.

BA Deere
Senior Contributor

And another thing, Bruce.

You didn`t seem to have a problem with the Hobbunist calling country kids "pail calves". The only reason I differentiated between farm kids and kids living on a acreage is because I wanted Hobby to know all he wasn`t hauling only farmer`s kids, but kids of non-farmers who live in the country as well. I assume you`re a farmer Bruce, strange you run to a farm-haters defense.