cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wehav
Senior Contributor

If you have an open mind

https://youtu.be/8YmF2ULnlhA

Rather than inserting the video I'm linking to it.  It's a sheriff at their range with a non professional citizen and what might be an expert shooter.

The sheriff is exposing the mythology about magazine size.  

In America most innocent people are killed with cars.  Murders are most often committed with handguns, knives and clubs.

Rifles kill less people than clubs and AR15's represent a tiny number of deaths.   In addition AR15's are less powerful than hundreds of weapons available to the citizens.  And they aren't fully automatic, each shot requires you pull the trigger one time, the same as you do with a Browning 12 gauge duck shotgun.

One has a difficult time believing some people have such a fear or concern when they turn a blind eye to the nightly murders in Chicago and other cities.  Murders committed with pistols and knives and clubs.  

Take a look at the video, I can only believe you'll want to ban pistols next and then shotguns etc.  

36 Replies
schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Re: If you have an open mind

No one is turning a blind to anything. We know criminals get guns illegally and commit crimes. Those are people that really only the police can deal with. We want better background checks, waiting periods so those checks can be done and certain weapons can not be obtained legally. That was done before and none of you rights were infringed. The second says the right to bear arms. It does not say that you can get any gun in existence.
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

That is kind of what I`ve found with my mini-14.  I have a 30rd mag as a novelty, don`t believe I`ve ever put a full 30rds in it...even a 20rd mag is a bit much, you rapidly fire 20rds and you`ll burn your hand on the barrel.  I wouldn`t be surprised if rapid fire 100rds and the barrel would melt, be very inaccurate at the least.

But the rageaholic Libs want all guns banned, this scary looking mags and guns are just the first step. Why take that first step?  They`d just be looking at the 2nd and 3rd steps.   Soldier of Fortune magazine did a test way back when Slick Willey had his ban in and they compared a 30/30 lever action to a AR-15 and in the hands of someone familiar with both, the 30/30 did more damage.  So if Libs would chisel in titanium that they`d leave the 2nd Amendment alone if they banned "assault rifles" that really wouldn`t be a bad deal.  But the damned fools wouldn`t agree to it because step #4 they`d be going after my 30/30 too.

k-289
Esteemed Advisor

Are  you  guys  saying  you  would  step  into  a building, dark alley, or any complicated hail of automatic, semi automatic landscape with your bolt action and come face to face combat thinking you will neutralize the situation - yaaaa  sure ---

Read the National Firearms act of 1934 - it's ''illegal'' now to have a sawed off shot gun,  although NRA  Warren Cassidy summed it up as a form of '' RELIGION ''  just  2  daZe ago  - amZZing ---       

k-289
Esteemed Advisor

And we wonder why millennial's are walking away from church attendance - prime example --- 

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Yeah K-289, you want an "illegal" sawed off shotgun?  Here`s a tip.

See the source image
GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

Ask the people at Columbine, Sandy Hook, Parkland, or any of the rest, if they think they are novelties? The writers of the 2nd amendment didn't know or had no idea what firearms were going to evolve into, or you can bet your dog, they would never have wrote it the way they did! Ban the damned assault weapons! 

basset&co
Senior Contributor

and then the anti gunners need to watch a couple "speed shooting" videos, and NEXT would be..yupe, American made

Henry lever action,,,go ahead, do your own search...and listen!

k-289
Esteemed Advisor

Where is the back ground check on Steven Paddock  &  his bump stock devices on 12 rifles used in the carnage , where is your info - on the police report AFTER the fact ---

''''''  58 fatalities '''' , several hundred injured,  &  then Parkland  stats  ,  ASK these victims about bump stocks  ---       

lnseiler
Senior Contributor

Just like a bunch of barking dogs...
God (go to church)
Guns (cars etc kill more people)
Gays (go to church)
That about covers their agenda.