cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hardnox604008
Advisor

If you want a civil war

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/22/background-checks-senate-republicans_n_2529562.html

Here's how it starts. As I said yesterday, there are hundreds of thousands if not millions of cases where people own guns in violation of current law. Both Ruby Ridge and Waco began as federal efforts to enforce existing gun laws. I have a suspicion of how many here are going to react the first time one of those people decides to shoot it out rather than have his day in court.

"Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas) said the real concern isn't the need for tighter background checks but for the Justice Department to crack down on gun buyers who don't follow the law. "There are a lot of people who apparently lied on their background check who have not been investigated or prosecuted," he said."

But anyway, as to the question of Republicans on background checks- they are all scared to death of getting buswhacked from the right in the primary if they cross the gun lobby.

Not likely to help them any in the general elections, though.

5 Replies
man of steel
Senior Contributor

Re: If you want a civil war

I see you know as little about Waco and Ruby Ridge as you do about the George Zimmerman case

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

The thing is Randy Weaver was found innocent, had the feds not shot his Wife, Kid and Dog they all would still be alive living peaceful in Idaho, not bothering anyone.  As I understand it, it started with a undercover fed tricking him into sawing off a shotgun barrel...now that wasn`t too bright I woulda gave the pig a hacksaw and say "here, take it and the gun and don`t tell me what you do with it" ..I guess this is why I never sell guns, only buy Smiley Wink  In the case of Waco, that was a clear sign of the police state run amuck, Koresh had been in town many times and could`ve peacefully been "picked up" the county shreiff had inspected his compound before and saw no problem with it.  Clinton/Reno just thought it was a wonderful gun grabbing false flag to play. Then you have OKC bomber..a U-haul loaded with fertilizer parked on the street takes out a blding...gimme a serious break!  If you believe 9/11 story has holes in it, the holes in the OKC bombing have holes the Micheal Moore and Al Gore could fit through.  McVey made a "getaway"  with a car with no plate, he had a .45 when a single county-mountie pulled him over, he`d just supposedly killed 160 people and he just went along peacefully???   But let`s look at these mass shootings of late, the average perp is a 20 something white male, hooked on video games, history of SSRI drugs...probably doesn`t even have a parking ticket and could sail through any background check.  But, yeah if it will throw some meat to the libs and existing guns are left alone and we can still buy the AR15 with a 30rd mag, just fill out a couple more questions and wait a couple hours for a background check I wouldn`t have a problem with that, but let`s make that our line in cement NO MORE MOVING THE LINE!!!!

hardnox604008
Advisor

Guess what.

Law enforcement and criminal justice people violate citizens' rights every day through false testimony, withholding exculpatory evidence,  etc. etc. and the victims are not going to get a whole lot of sympathy if they choose to arm themselves shoot it out regardless of the injustice.

The best chance they have is their day in court and for people to hold the system to account.

Excellent example of how the gun people believe that the Bill of Rights is one amendment and nine suggestions.

I'll stand by what I said- you gonna make a political hero of somebody who lied on his background check about a domestic violence convistion or some such and decides to shoot it out when the Feds come to take his guns?

Samnospam
Advisor

My guess is when and if they shoot it out you'll be told the shooter was the worst sort and a terrorist regardless. More than likely it will be someone a bit unstable that the feds themselves have radicalized, armed,  and positioned for the right occasion.  

hardnox604008
Advisor

I'm not sure what OKC has to do with it but that was Ambrose Evans-Pritchard's conclsion and he covered it extensively. He said that while he personally had no doubt that McVeigh was guilty there was a whole lot more to the story.

And my guess is that is shares a lot with 9/11- it was really the test run on how to use such events for multiple purposes. In the case of OKC it created a degree of public revulsion for the rightward populist movement that was occurring and assured Clinton's easy re-election. But the greater objective was probably as a final coverup for various activities such as the DEA office and materials related to the Mena investigations or investigations into the huge amount of HUD fraud in the SC region- or both and more.

That is entirely consistent with my view about the Bush/Clinton organized crime family- in the bigger NY operation you could have taken out the SEC offices and materials relating to Enron and even more enormous level of insider financial crime that occurred in the second Clinton term and of course achieved numerous other objectives as well.