cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Ignore Feature

would it be that difficult to program an iggy feature into ag.com forums so that you could simply add someone to a list and never have to read their innane posts? Even if you don't read a post, they still clutter up a board, and you have to click on them and off to keep them the post from showing up as having new activity.

Maybe that is why the rival sites have so much more activity than here...they either ban the three stooges or allow the rest of us to simply ignore them.

10 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Ignore Feature

Go to "my settings"....click on "preferences"....click on "display" and check "list by topics"

I believe that will put you in a threaded view where every post shows up on the forum page. click on the ones you want and ignor the others. Post that are new are "highlighted" and the "highlighting" is removed from a posting that you have opened..

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Whining: It's what you do

But, I couldn't possibly agree more !

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

You are more than welcome to leave to that other site? But, Craigo, has tried it at least twice and has always comes back. One of the reasons are the posters on the other site, are in a different class than this site. You can do as I do, look for the people I care about listening to, and skip the rest, easy peasy!! LOL!!

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

thats what I do already, but it would be so much nicer to be able to pick a few posters and not have them show up at all. Isn't it refreshing to come to the forum each day and not have to read what Ollie or that swipe from down under wrote? Those two were the extremes on both ends, but there are a few more that really don't add anything of merit to read and I would just as soon not have to even see what they wrote.

For example, I get that Humpee is against certain, but not all, govt subsidies  I and don't need a constant reminder. I already know that ghetto feels that no republican has ever done anything right , and no democrat has ever done anything wrong....boris is for every possible govt program anyone can come up,  and swipestash is just plain angry. I really don't need to read their posts to learn anything new from them. I can live without links to Paul Krugman, Alternet, etc.

I do get a certain kick out of reading the posts of the biggest hypocrite here, though, and would not put him on the ignore feature. He is a classic...almost like a made up progressive version of  Archie Bunker...you just know that he knows himself he is FOS and he just keeps on coming up with more of it.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Yes, I do wish the ignore feature worked again.  You think I'm "just plain angry"?  Well, only at people who call me made up names.  I'm really a nice guy only one who does not tolerate injustice and closed minds well.  If we had the ignore feature, neither side would see or accidentally read either side;s posts and we all would feel better each day.  I know I wouldn't see any of the trash you misguided folks put up here.  So you can take your little "swipes" ...

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Were you picked on as a youngster?

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

It's not that difficult. I just see the name RED STEELE Or Man of Steal I just bounce right over them like they don't exist. There must be something in Steele/steal genetics that curbs their intellectual ability. Alas, we are not nazi's here and we really shouldn't silence them. It's really best to read them and chortle at their ignorance silently without publically degrading them.  That is what good people would do

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

I never miss any of your posts....they are better than the daily funnies.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

hard to handle the truth about those generous farm subsidies  wa, wa, prices down, lost production land to wa