cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

Re: Impossible

I demand that Congress do something. Let's start with a flat 15% tax on all corporate income and all personal income above the poverty line. No more hiding income in the Bahamas or off of US soil. We can pay on the debt and improve infrastructure. We can also swing trade agreements to be in our favor rather than benefiting global corporations. We need to completely reform campaign finance to a point where politicians work for the people rather than special interests. Then, let's over healthcare so it costs less and all are covered without the cost being e burden on everyone. We can also look at ways of spurring wages while not burdening small businesses. That would be a good start IMO.

I don't care who does it party-wise and I'll vote for anyone who is for these things.

JacobMcCandless
Senior Contributor

Material goods.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Well, Knapper let me come at it this way. A president is usually supported in the campaign by people that believe their promises that they can "get us out of this mess" ..in my lifetime the only one that came close to making good on the promise was Ronald Wilson Reagan..and i have real problems on how even he left this country.

When people get honest with themselves they will admit that they support a president because of their social issues.  In a nutshell, if you favor gay marriage you`re a Democrat, if you don`t you`re a republican..with exceptions of course but that is generally how the D`s and R`s are different. 

Look at this TPP deal, Obama and the Repubs are for it and some Dems are stalling with a Kabuki dance..after they entertain us, it will pass. and next election I will support the Repub because of "God Guns and Guts" and you`ll support the Dem because of "goodies to the underdogs and to the otherwise downtrodden" ...see ya at the polls.

r3020
Senior Advisor

@KNAPPer wrote:

I demand that Congress do something. Let's start with a flat 15% tax on all corporate income and all personal income above the poverty line. No more hiding income in the Bahamas or off of US soil. We can pay on the debt and improve infrastructure. We can also swing trade agreements to be in our favor rather than benefiting global corporations. We need to completely reform campaign finance to a point where politicians work for the people rather than special interests. Then, let's over healthcare so it costs less and all are covered without the cost being e burden on everyone. We can also look at ways of spurring wages while not burdening small businesses. That would be a good start IMO.

I don't care who does it party-wise and I'll vote for anyone who is for these things.

Some place in there needs to be border protection and protection of election integrity from the ILLEGAL vote.

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Hope this helps

http://www.goldonomic.com/zimbabwe.htm

does the google button work on liberal computers, or do they have a chip on the machines that keeps most of the universal information secret from them?

Sometimes I just wonder.

ollie2655
Senior Contributor

Re: CAREFUL YOUR LIB JEALOUSY IS SHOWING

WHY ARE YOU LIBS SO JEALOUS YET YOU VOTE TO CONTINUE THE SAME HEADING --PLEASE EXPLAIN IT TO ME --ALL DEMONCRATS ARE FOR THE RICH AND ANTI PPOOR AND MIDDLE CLASS YET YOU GO TO THE POLLS AND STAND INTHE GAY POSITION AND ASK FOR MORE

ollie2655
Senior Contributor

Re: WE AGREE !!!!!!

I WOULD LOVE TO PAY 15% INSTEAD OF THE 28 I PAY NOW YOU HAVE A GREAT IDEA AND I WILL SUPPORT IT 100% THANKS

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

Re: Hope this helps

Gotta go to Zimbabwe to find an argument? I suggest that you read some of my subsequent posts - here is a quote from my post just a little below: 

"It could generally be said of certain political segments of our society that when stocks are down, it is Obama's fault. When they are up, it is not because of him or it simply is not the most important part of the economy. One fellow below says it is because Obama only cares about the 1% (and there is some weight to that). I am just pointing out the irony and flim-flamery of the situation and the lack of some sort of admission that at least part of our economy is going well and the general economy has recovered to a large degree over the last eight years. I would far rather see hourly wages increase even a few percentage points in a steady rate than a soaring S&P.

Personally the official non Ag Forum answer for me is that Obama has little to do with stock trends and as a matter of fact, this S&P surge has a lot more to do with current global trends that US tends."

I've made the same mistake you did before as well. No big deal. Sometines this Ag Forum stuff is just too much to read and we all have our opinions anyway.

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Re: Hope this helps

Just pointing out that a soaring stock market index means absolutely nothing in evaluating economic success or failure, just as President Obama said back when the market was at 7000. If your policies turn the dollar into toilet paper, of course equity markets will soar.

As far as a recovering US economy, with rising wages and less unemployment, I would argue that is an illusion, too. For people that are able bodied enough to work construction, there are jobs and work, but Americans are too soft in general for that type of work. Don't believe me? Just go out in public and make some observations. 

OKdon
Senior Contributor

+We have a far bigger problem with voter suppression that we ever had with illegal voters. Ask yourself if voter Id is really designed to stop illegal voters or special legal voters.