cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hardnox604008
Advisor

In all fairness

about the new Pope and his former obeisance to the oligarchs and military juntas in Argentina.

It isn't and wasn't simple. In America we gave land to the first two waves of immigrants and provided social programs to help to advance the progress of later waves of immigrants.

In Argentian the tiny oligarchy always owned all the land, in the Spanish tradition, so it is little surprise that the masses were very susceptible to the confiscaory populism of the Perons and others who followed.

As has been said in the Pope's defense, he was equally critical of the junta and the leftists; whether he was, as alleged,  a material participant in the disappearing of leftist priests back in those disappearing days, who knows?

I have to say though, that it sure sounds a lot like the Republican Party. It is said that he was runner up last time so I guess he was in line regardless of whether he is a 76 year one lunger who surely can't appeal to a younger generation.

Who cares when the Irish are near #1, in America anyway.

10 Replies
r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: In all fairness

@hardnox604008 wrote:

about the new Pope and his former obeisance to the oligarchs and military juntas in Argentina.

It isn't and wasn't simple. In America we gave land to the first two waves of immigrants and provided social programs to help to advance the progress of later waves of immigrants.

In Argentian the tiny oligarchy always owned all the land, in the Spanish tradition, so it is little surprise that the masses were very susceptible to the confiscaory populism of the Perons and others who followed.

As has been said in the Pope's defense, he was equally critical of the junta and the leftists; whether he was, as alleged,  a material participant in the disappearing of leftist priests back in those disappearing days, who knows?

I have to say though, that it sure sounds a lot like the Republican Party. It is said that he was runner up last time so I guess he was in line regardless of whether he is a 76 year one lunger who surely can't appeal to a younger generation.

Who cares when the Irish are near #1, in America anyway.

Before 5:30  this afternonn I had never heard of this man. Nox is already an expert on him. Hey Nox, submit your name, maybe they will invite you to the next conclave for your wisdom and input.

johnaa
Advisor

"Before 5:30  this afternonn I had never heard of this man. Nox is already an expert on him."   Oh! ! !   If 00_0 has never heard of him then no one has !

Some one knows things 00_0  has never heard of ! !  How often does that happen ?

r3020
Senior Advisor

@johnaa wrote:

"Before 5:30  this afternonn I had never heard of this man. Nox is already an expert on him."   Oh! ! !   If 00_0 has never heard of him then no one has !

Some one knows things 00_0  has never heard of ! !  How often does that happen ?

I suppose you cooked oatmeal for him when he was a little boy. Send your name in with Nox.

johnaa
Advisor

You're on a roll !  !   Keep it up !

r3020
Senior Advisor

@johnaa wrote:

You're on a roll !  !   Keep it up !

Well fill us professor. Tell us about the life of Pope Francis. Unburden yourself of all of that great knowledge you posses. Tell us when you first heard of him.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

In this day and age all the info you want and more is a click or two away.

I heard something on the radio late this aft about the new pope but just picked up his name in this thread and googled 'pope' and top of the list came "pope Francis"

I then clicked on that and again almost at the top of the list of articles found this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Francis

Seems to confirm a lot of what Hardnox mentioned.

Try google.

johnaa
Advisor

That's the stuff!  Keep making a fool of yourself.

So do you believe if you've never heard of him before Knox couldn't ?

Maybe Knox gets his info from other sources besides your hate mongering media you parrot everyday.   Maybe Knox and a few other here have knowledge of the history of Argentina.   Just guessing based on experience.  

r3020
Senior Advisor

@johnaa wrote:

That's the stuff!  Keep making a fool of yourself.

So do you believe if you've never heard of him before Knox couldn't ?

Maybe Knox gets his info from other sources besides your hate mongering media you parrot everyday.   Maybe Knox and a few other here have knowledge of the history of Argentina.   Just guessing based on experience.  

This from the man that can't even spell Nox name.

johnaa
Advisor

You're really on a roll !    But don't forget to answer the question.   do you believe if you've never heard of him before Knox couldn't ?