Did you mean: 
schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Re: Interesting article for Democrats only- President as Piñata

Go **bleep** yourself Pea Brain!  

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

NO repub who has sold his soul to norquist will ever put forth any bill that includes tax increases.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Re: Bush-lite

As far as I am concerned, he gives up the right to complain about the winner of any election in which he doesn't participate.  You can feel about it anyway you wish.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Please!  Don't act more stupid than you are!

Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

I think that is part of the problem we have now.  Things are too polarized.  For example, around some people, when I say cut spending first, they (for whatever reason) assume I somehow have a shrine built to Norquest, and would rather let widows, orphans, and the elderly starve.  Not my objective at all.  What I am meaning, is see where we can cut spending, while still keeping vital services (and anyone who says there is no spending to be cut isn't facing reality), and from that point, see how much revenue we need to make up shortfalls (closing tax loopholes for the well connected, cutting fraud, etc would be assumed, before the actual tax rates would be raised).

On the other side, there are those who say 'raise taxes', and I suspect that there are very few of them, who just want taxes raised, while continuing to send aid to our enemies, pay for alcohol counseling for hookers in China, and build more bridges to nowhere.  Too bad that one side keeps trying to paint the other side that way, when in reality, I only know a few true extremists that think either way, and there are extremists on both sides.  I know a couple folks who think taxes should be as close to zero as possible, and you take your chances if you get sick, and I know a couple who think that the 'rich' should be taxed to the point that they are 'poor' up to and including a progressive property tax system that is downright onerous, and everyone could live off that 'wealth'.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

I don't begrudge anyone who is rich--wish I was--but I don't like the fact that many of them pay less % of their income than I do.  I am in the 25% bracket and paid about 16% actual with my deductions.  The richest group averages $346 million a year (35% bracket) and averages between 13-14% tax rate.

ollie2655
Senior Contributor

Re:that simply means

they are better businessmen--the congress sets up taxes to pay the least and they expect you to follow their lead

ollie2655
Senior Contributor

Re: that will show em

your iq level surebutt---good job --how childish can you get

Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

Well, I guess you must not be on the lunatic fringe, then.

I know of at least one person who was complaining about the 'rich' and how anyone that owned more than one house, should have that house taxed heavily, up until I pointed out that the house he was renting was actually someone else's 'second' house, and that imposing an extra couple thousand taxes on it, would probably just raise his rent to match.

However, he DID make an interesting point, about how so many people are for a 'progressive' tax, to make the 'rich' pay more, but would squeal like pigs, if that were carried through to everything, like property taxes, and capital gains tax.