cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Advisor

Interesting chart.

Mr Tandem rider was extolling the virtues of tax cuts.

http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/taxtopics/budget.cfm

This is a chart of the federal revenues and out lays for years 1990 to 2013. The last couple of years are projections. Revenues grew until 2000 as a percentage of GDP. It broke at that time and continued lower until 2004 when it partially recovered. It never has recovered to the level of the later Clinton years nor is it project to recover before 2013.

So much for tax cuts raising revenues.

6 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: Interesting chart.

Just think where we'd have been if it weren't for the tax cuts. 

I recall an event that took a trillion dollars out of the economy, 9/11 and a war that followed. 

It's nice to see you give credit to the Republicans for their budgets during the Clinton administration.  That held him in check.

Senior Advisor

Re: so what happened after Clinton left?

Did your republicans do a switcheroo on you?

Senior Contributor

September 11th happened you bonehead.

Senior Advisor

Do you mean that 9/11 was the cause of all the deficits. All those fiscally responsible repubs had to do was to raise revenues to support their venture in "war against terror".   Infortunately they forgot about fiscal responsibility for 8 long years and passed tax cuts they could not afford. So that tells me the Clinton was the obviously the fugal one and the righties were the borrowers and spenders..

Do you really need and insult to make your point? How silly and juvenile.

Senior Advisor

Mr Kraft, the real deficits started in 07, when the Democratics took control of the purse strings. Remember how Nan and the guys were going to bring fiscal responsibility back to Washington? What ever happened to that?

Senior Advisor

I think you are rewriting history. Are You saying that the dems did all that spending without Republican votes? I will bet you a dollar to a doughnut that all of the Bush Iniatives had more republican votes than democrats. I really like doughnuits too.