cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Interesting poll results

NBC news reported last night that in an NBC poll question pitting Obama against a no named generic Repub candidate for president that Obama lost 40% to 44%.  However when polled against Gov. Perry, Obama won 47% to42%.    When polled against Romney, Obama also won 46% to 45%. 

I got a chuckle out of this new poll result.   First it shows just how over used polls are in todays world of politics but also just how big of void of quality leadership there seems to be in the Repub party at this moment and to a lesser extent in the Dem party as well.

3 Replies
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Interesting poll results

Of the polls listed on real clear politics, Obama against generic gopper, Obama 2 gop 2, against perry it was 3-2-1 Obama, against romney it was 2-2-2, against each of paul, bachman and palin it was all Obama.  However, the averages of each poll gave the gop a winner and also romney beating him.  I guess will see in another 14 months.  Lots can happen in that amount of time.  Maybe craig will don a nazi uniform and put on black face to make his point.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

I question how accurate the NBC poll was...did they attempt to identify likely voters? You can get about any result you want to from a poll, depending on how you phrase the questions, and who you ask.

THe polls I have seen referenced show that Obama loses handily to either Perry or Romney. It would be hard to believe otherwise.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I myself would never answer a poll questions posing one candidate against a no name generic candidate.   If they want my opinion ask me a real question.