cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Iowa`s next Gub

Jump to solution

Let`s face it Culver is too busy chasing down potential voters who flip him off :  ). The next Gub will be one of 3 Republicans. I so want to like Branstad, he`s a local boy with a colorful brother :  ). What I`ve heard in debates Branstad  still doesn`t get it, we don`t want to elect someone who makes excuses for not changing this liberal crap Cluver saddled us with. Vanderplatts says all the right things, when he talks I get so much red meat my colestoral shoots up. Outside of a funny name he looks like a great Governor. Oh yeah....Roberts, I don`t know much about him, he`s probably okay.

10 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Iowa`s next Gub

Jump to solution

Branstad's reappearance has been a huge disappointment.  I honestly think he's lost some of his faculties.

I like some of what Vanderplatt's says, but his whole religious right routine combined with his and Steve Deace's dishonest and destructive campaign make it hard to vote for him.

I think I'll vote for the other guy...whatever his name is. 

Veteran Advisor

Jump to solution

Branstad should have stayed in the past with the "warm fuzzys" of days gone by.  His flower has fallen off the vine ages ago.  Heck, I will even go as far to say that he is a better democrat than culver is..... and that is saying something.

Roberts is just a Branstad-lite, for the most part, but could probably live with him, if I had to.....kind of like I can learn to live on vomit, if I had to.... but I digress.

Vander Plaats..... you can get used to the name if he proves to be, not the same.

He is the real deal, and Bob is on game, ready to shake the crumbs off the "political table".

Culver.....  He is only fit to be on "The Biggest Loser", and would win that race, hands down....and, I am not talking about the TV show, either.

Veteran Advisor

Re: A Vote For WhatsHisName

Jump to solution

I am sure that WhatsHisName will appreciate the vote.

By the way.... WhatsHisName is an ordained Minister of the Church of Christ. Cool, eh?

At least he isn't a pal of Rev. G--D--- America Wright of Shy-cago, eh?

Advisor

Jump to solution

Where are you people at in teh process? Has there been an endorsement convention? Will there be a primary? How many of these folks you are talking about will be in it if there is one.

My guess is that Democrats are praying hard for the nomination of the cobble knocker. No?

Veteran Advisor

Re: Iowa`s Primary is June 8th....

Jump to solution

@bruce MN wrote:

Where are you people at in teh process? Has there been an endorsement convention? Will there be a primary? How many of these folks you are talking about will be in it if there is one.

My guess is that Democrats are praying hard for the nomination of the cobble knocker. No?

Iowa's primary to decide who will be the Republican nominee to run against Chester the Budget Molester will be June 8th... but early voting has been going on since last week.  We are busting our butts trying to get as many folks to vote early for Bob Vander Plaats.

Culver seems to go out of his way to help us beat him.....Just last week he was involved with some road rage event where his vehicle was chasing down some Iowan who flipped him off, after his driver about run them off the road.   You just can't make this stuff up!

http://theiowarepublican.com/home/2010/05/18/culver-puts-his-son-at-risk-to-make-traffic-stop/

Advisor

Re: Iowa`s Primary is June 8th....

Jump to solution

V D P against who? How many of those others you mentioned are in the primary?

Veteran Advisor

Re: All of the Iowa GOP Governor prospects and their websites

Jump to solution

Here is a complete list of Iowa's GOP Governor prospects, along with their respective websites that you, and everyone else can peruse at your leisure and see what they say about themselves.

Vander Plaats~~

http://teamvp2010.com/

Roberts~~

http://www.robertsforgov.com/

Branstad~~

http://www.governorbranstad2010.com/

Advisor

Jump to solution

the truth is that iowa doesn't really want any governor and branstad is as close as we can come. vander plaats might be the best of all entered. heck , i should run.. at least we don't have vilsack fumbing around the state. still irritated that HE is the sec. of ag. just another political apptointeee. Where's our jesse ventura? Hey, isn't curt warner an iowa boy.  let's start a draft kurt warner election. he'd win in a heartbeat. his image alone would sweep him into office.  Fred Hoiberg just got a state paid job or he'd be very electable.

Honored Advisor

Jump to solution

Hey Craig, the more I`ve thought it over I think it will take a tough guy like Vanderplaats to handle these corupt state Democrats. He`s the only one who will actually fight to have marriage defined as 1man/1woman and do his homework when appointing judges. That **bleep**er Gronstal was shown a partition of names wanting a vote on the gay marriage issue, he ripped it up walked away laughing saying it will come to a vote "over my dead body". That`s just one example of the arrogant Democrats that a Governor Vanderplaats will have to deal with, the other two don`t look up to the task. If you`re on the Vanderplaats team, maybe you know my county chairman, Jerry T.  ?