cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Iowa`s southern tier of counties.

Faust often talks of those "farming south of I-80", well I heard a joke that if Iowa gave the southern tier of counties to Missouri, it would raise the IQ of both states Smiley Very Happy   Now don`t beat up on me, I`m just repeating what a gentleman from Missouri told me.

2 Replies
buckfarmer
Senior Contributor

Re: Iowa`s southern tier of counties.

Same applies to many states.
Faust100F
Advisor

Re: Iowa`s southern tier of counties.

@BA Deere wrote:

Faust often talks of those "farming south of I-80", well I heard a joke that if Iowa gave the southern tier of counties to Missouri, it would raise the IQ of both states Smiley Very Happy   Now don`t beat up on me, I`m just repeating what a gentleman from Missouri told me.

BA - LMAO!  That is absolutely right, nice to see those living in Missouri understand how advantageous it would be to annex the bottom two tiers of counties in iowa.   Here we pay outrageous gasoline and resl estate taxes, in Missouri owning land and buying gas is almost free.  When I used to raise corn, most of it went to Missouri to Premium Standard Farms, they paid a lot more than the carpetbaggers in Eddyville.  There would be wonderful benefits to us if we could move the state line 60-90 miles North.  Adios Amigos. John