cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hardnox
Advisor

Re: Iraq

Whether it will turn out to appear to have ben the thing to do in retrospect (whatever happens), ain't gonna happen in this US political environment.

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Re: Correction

It is not the american taliban. It is the christian taliban and for the most part they are very unamerican.

425Cat
Advisor

What do you base your Christian Taliban comments on. Have you always had a disdain for christians Kraft.?,
r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: Correction

@kraft-t wrote:

It is not the american taliban. It is the christian taliban and for the most part they are very unamerican.

Here is your unamerican taliban. And I believe their goal is to kill as many Christian as possible.

snip-

Radicalized young American Muslims — including as many as 15 Somali-born Minnesotans — have flocked to a jihadist group in recent months, lured by rap videos and hip social-media propaganda.

Security experts are calling it the “Jihad Cool” rebranding of terrorism, and say it’s highly effective in pushing Americans like Abdirahmaan Muhumed, a Twin Cities father of nine, to high-tail it to Syria to help the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant topple President Bashar al-Assad’s regime.

“I give up this worldly life for Allah,” Muhumed said of joining the Islamic State in a Facebook message earlier this year. If people call him a terrorist, he’s “happy with it,” he added.

While not fighting, Muhumed has been busy posting images of himself online, showing himself smiling into the camera while holding an AK-47 and throwing the jihadi equivalent of a gang sign — pointing his index finger skyward. Another image appears to show the head of a deceased male.

The trend was first reported by Minnesota Public Radio.

The FBI would not name the 15 radicalized Minnesotans, except to confirm that Muhumed is among them, and that the agency is investigating how they were recruited.

http://nypost.com/2014/06/20/us-muslims-flocking-to-jihadist-group-isis/

gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

rawhide Senior Contributor
5:00 AM
i think australlia should do it alone. lead them into battle yourself gog.

Comrade. One of the reasons we don't have to fight is we have allowed your country to place spy and military bases here as insurance. You guys love guns and killing so you are the natural selection. But apart from that, oil doesn't have the priorities for us like it does for bush and Cheney.

But as for the US attempting to export their version of democracy to Iraq, give me a break. As the saying goes, "it's the oil stupid".

We were alerted this morning that Australian "citizens" have travelled to there to fight for the ISIS. They will never be allowed back into society if they arrive here. Hopefully they will be shot and killed. I really do want every one of those nuts to meet Allah.
r3020
Senior Advisor

@gough whitlam wrote:

Comrade. One of the reasons we don't have to fight is we have allowed your country to place spy and military bases here as insurance. You guys love guns and killing so you are the natural selection. But apart from that, oil doesn't have the priorities for us like it does for bush and Cheney.

But as for the US attempting to export their version of democracy to Iraq, give me a break. As the saying goes, "it's the oil stupid".

We were alerted this morning that Australian "citizens" have travelled to there to fight for the ISIS. They will never be allowed back into society if they arrive here. Hopefully they will be shot and killed. I really do want every one of those nuts to meet Allah.

But you want someone else to make it happen. And then overload them with criticism. You want blood for oil. You're really Gouch Cheney

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

theRe: Iraq

Bush got us into this impossible "war" situation with a vision for a free Iraq, ruled by something like a democracy.

Bush set the withdrawl date.

Obama tried to push a deal that would allow us to leave reserve troops, but Iraq would not gurantee they would be free from prosecution.

It's a lost cause, always was, and time we came to terms with that.

rawhide
Advisor

gough just when i think yu are lost you have brought joy to my heart. you do know what must happen to those nuts.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

r3020 wrote:

Not really. If muslims want to kill each other we need to just stand back and let them have at it. All we know for sure no matter who is in power they will hate us more than who is there now.

But if you did not mess around with them and their countries why do you think they would hate you?

After you have invaded their country it is easy for them to hate you, heck lots of people in your country hate them and they did not even attack you.

gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

gough whitlam wrote:

But you want someone else to make it happen. And then overload them with criticism. You want blood for oil. You're really Gouch Cheney

No. You guys started it on false information and GWB knew. We got dragged into it because of past governments addiction to the US military.

There is so much info out there that this encore had to happen. More marines will be chewed up because of the oil and it can only be that way. That is the sad part. I want everyone of those nuts to be taken out. Only then will there be no opposition to democracy

But always remember the original reason for invasion. Right or wrong it is there forever and generations will never forget it until Iraq becomes another state of the US.