cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

Re: Iraq

I should have gopne on to say that the reason they wanted a democracy was so that we could easily exploit their oil. As a matter of fact, I made a bumper sticker for my truck when all the sabre rattling was going on before we invaded that said, "Blood is thicker than oil - no war in Iraq."

I should have explained it more fully. I'm usually guilty of over explaining things. You guys feel to do what you think is best over there, but I will never be for sending back troops or a protracted campaign of any kind. It was a mistake to go there in the first place and it was based on lies.

r3020
Senior Advisor

@Canuck_2 wrote:

r3020 wrote:

Not really. If muslims want to kill each other we need to just stand back and let them have at it. All we know for sure no matter who is in power they will hate us more than who is there now.

But if you did not mess around with them and their countries why do you think they would hate you?

After you have invaded their country it is easy for them to hate you, heck lots of people in your country hate them and they did not even attack you.

We liberated Libya, lead by the Canadians, they attack our consulate and kill 4 Americans.

gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

The whole saga will continue to escalate unless they are stopped, obviously. There's only one mob can do the military strikes that is required.

Brace yourself boys. Expect more body bags. We are.
Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

r3020 wrote:

We liberated Libya, lead by the Canadians, they attack our consulate and kill 4 Americans.

You have quite a distorted view of history.

NATO forces happened to be led by a Canadian at that time and Canadian forces were invloved but certainly were not the largest part of the action.

I hope you realize that there are people that have reasons to claim the Libya actions by NATO were not as 'good' and 'beneficial' as has been claimed.

And I am sure any attack on foreigners anywhere are brought about by radicals with issues far and beyond Libya or any one invasion.

r3020
Senior Advisor

@Canuck_2 wrote:

r3020 wrote:

NATO forces happened to be led by a Canadian at that time and Canadian forces were invloved but certainly were not the largest part of the action.

I hope you realize that there are people that have reasons to claim the Libya actions by NATO were not as 'good' and 'beneficial' as has been claimed.

And I am sure any attack on foreigners anywhere are brought about by radicals with issues far and beyond Libya or any one invasion.

A lot of what is going on in Iraq is a direct result of our intervention in libya and syria. And I also remember saying we need to stay out of libya because who ever takes control would hate us more than who was in control at the time. You were 100% in support of defending the "innocent" rebels from the evil regime of gadiffi and if they did hate us in return it would be shame on them. Well big whop, shame on them, they repaided us by killing 4 American, all for nothing. Now those same rebels are in iraq.

r3020
Senior Advisor

@Canuck_2 wrote:

r3020 wrote:

A lot of what is going on in Iraq is a direct result of our intervention in libya and syria. And I also remember saying we need to stay out of libya because who ever takes control would hate us more than who was in control at the time. You were 100% in support of defending the "innocent" rebels from the evil regime of gadiffi and if they did hate us in return it would be shame on them. Well big whoop, shame on them, they repaided us by killing 4 American, all for nothing. Now those same rebels are in iraq slaughtering the "innocents" by the 100s. Top of their kill list are the Christians.

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Nada????

No one could come up with any Muslim democracies?

gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

shame on them, they repaided us by killing 4 American, all for nothing. Now those same rebels are in iraq slaughtering the "innocents" by the 100s. Top of their kill list are the Christians.

All for nothing! Just 4. For what were the 6000 marines killed for? How about the approximate 1 million missing in Iraq? Where they slaughter for nothing too?

You have selective memory loss. The Benghazi thing had you all salivating in anticipation democrat heads would roll. Suck eggs comrade. The blackfella is not that dumb
Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Re: Nada????

@Red Steele wrote:

No one could come up with any Muslim democracies?

Indonesia

Malaysia

Turkey

Bangladesh

Pakistan

Some have been more successful than others but they are all new relatively speaking and most democracies have had troubles in their past often when they first became a democracy.

There are others that are less democratic and/or less successful.

gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

Oh no. That broke their hearts. Don't be so insensitive.