cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Is Obama smart?

Here`s great WSJ piece that tells it the way it is.  http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424053111904140604576495932704234052.html?mod=WSJ_hp_mostpop_re...    Obama always has reminded me of the old Peter Seller`s movie "Being There"  A dullard gardener is mistaken for a brilliant advisor to the President, thought to have made profound statements...here`s the trailer   Smiley Happy  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcPQ9gww_qc

18 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Is Obama smart?

Basically what he is saying is; this president has no experience with the job he is trying to do. He is flying by the seat of his pants. He has no clue. Worst thing is, we are paying for it, dearly.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Who does though?

Name one person that's ever held that office that's had "experience" in it? If they do, they're called an incumbent. Do you consider a former career politico such as a senator or governor experienced, just because they've spent their entire adult life in politics, with all the requisite pandering to certain groups or issues?

Look where that's got us so far, because it's the same old-same old BS. Just like the worn out mantra about "somebody that knows about or has run a business" because congress has quite a few millionaires in it, and yet they can't seem to come up with any ideas or run a non-profit entity like government efficiently and responsibly. But, that's never been their intent as their sole purpose is to funnel money to their chosen friends/groups to stay in power or seek some type of retribution upon their hated specific people/groups.

I'll even get more specific and refer to the last 2 presidents who were both former governors, from 2 different states that came in the bottom of practically every economic or social category that is tracked or monitored, and that doesn't even take into consideration the numerous issues and screw-ups that both of them had in their pasts. We both know how well those 2 panned out.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Who does though?

yea america was way ahead with both of them --glad you pointed that .out---obvamo has done one thing he made carter the 2nd dumbest president in history

Highlighted
Advisor

I'd read that earlier and tend to agree with it some. Not "smart" anyway for teh purposes he's charged with. I'm sure he did well on his ACTs and LSAT etc. And well in undergraduate school...(even probably as a little boy at the Muslim Taliban radical Jihaidist training center in Kenya, or Indonesia or Iraq or wherever it was that he was born and raised...HA!!!!).

But not so sure that equips him for what he faces. It seems that to really be effective a leader needs to be a bit of a "Type A". Might be more inclined to engage in dangerous activity. Cheat on spouse and family. Enter into a shakey deal or two over time. Saw a guy say the other night that the best leaders are often manic-depressives. People so deeply introspective and retrospective as to miss out on "how to act". But deeply roubled and thus inspired to improve things by what they see and experience.

Maybe if we weren't so very danged positve and assured that he's not going to cheat on his wife or that he's not going to hire somebody to break into the opponents office is what makes him seem so flacid. And if that's what drives him and sets some standard then no wonder we got Eric Holder when we should have had Eliot Sptizer.

Of course, he's handicapped in that respect by his race. If he'd have brought in the realist economic advisors,  he'd have then listened to them and started laying things out on the table fro teh country to see he'd be caricatured as Malcolm X,  Bobby Seale and H Rap Brown all wrapped into one hot headed, angry n####r.

He did bring in Volker for a little while, but the frat boys got him expelled. He did toy with the idea of giving Elizabeth Warren (the one person I can think of who it might be worth mounting a Democratic challenge for the nomination against him with) a job until Timmy and the Senate Banking Committee nixed it.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

You're right because he had to make some deal with the devil to get elected because of his skin tone, even in this day and age. And, the folks that were the most liable or susceptible to pain and had the most to lose or gain backed him 100%. It's the same as Reagan pandering to the richest by lowering their tax rates, Clinton with his "I feel your pain" BS, and Bush the second drug dealer's reference to "the haves and the have mores, or what I like to call you, my base". Nobody hits a homerun if they aren't in the game or are riding the pine.

And the evidence is the amounts that Wall Street and the banks poured into his campaigns, and the money flow charts of where that stimulus money went.

Highlighted

One of the things that really amuses me is the teleprompter meme- heck at least he can read the teleprompter which is more than you could say for his predecessor.

I'd say he has more than adequate intelligence I just think that he always has been rather centrist in nature- the blah blah not withstanding- and that isn't going to cut it.

I don't think he truly understood the pivotal nature of the moment. Might as well have hit it with everything from the start. Needed to have some more radical people around him. Heck, Bill Ayers would have been better than Larry Summers.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

@hardnox604008 wrote:

One of the things that really amuses me is the teleprompter meme- heck at least he can read the teleprompter which is more than you could say for his predecessor.

I'd say he has more than adequate intelligence I just think that he always has been rather centrist in nature- the blah blah not withstanding- and that isn't going to cut it.

I don't think he truly understood the pivotal nature of the moment. Might as well have hit it with everything from the start. Needed to have some more radical people around him. Heck, Bill Ayers would have been better than Larry Summers.

I still think that he is going to lose in all 57 states of this country.  He had better declare himself dictator and suspend the 2012 elections while he can.

Highlighted

He's certainly vulnerable and may become more so.

Just don't see the Gang That Can't Shoot Straight making a very clear run at it.

More than ever, likely to get a RW ideologue and a really, really long and ugly campaign.

Which will probably just leave us a lot more beat up than when we started regardless of who wins.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Of course, he's handicapped in that respect by his race.

When I read that bruce I had to wonder, which part?

The White European part?