cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Re: Is it just me

They are totally looney tunes. For instance, here we have the Supreme Court decision in McCutcheon v FEC where the Republican National Committee says that the decision is an  "important first step toward restoring the voice of candidates and party committees and a vindication for all those who support robust, transparent political discourse. I am proud that the RNC led the way in bringing this case and pleased that the Court agreed that limits on how many candidates or committees a person may support unconstitutionally burden core First Amendment political activities. When free speech is allowed to flourish, our democracy is stronger. “

And our dear friends out there are completely distrought over the decision. They are saying the opposit of what their own RNC says and talking doom and gloom. If it's not about guns or religion, they have no clue what to think!

I was listening to Julian Castro on NPR yesterday and he was remarking that 38% of Texans are now hispanics and make up the largest majority of people in Texas. Also, hispanics tend to be democrat. As the right drifts more and more to the right - they represent the majority less and less. If they continue to be so unrepresentative of the people in their state, we will likely see Texas turn from a bright red state to a deep blue state. They just don't seem to grasp that the GOP represents fewer and fewer voters with their politics pretty much being limited to gun rights, religious issues, big business over workers, ant-gay rhetoric and on and on. Plus, they exaggerate like a drunken sailor on every little thing!

Advisor

Oh I know.

Back when I was a RINO (LOL) I used to tell folks that the future had to be with finding a way to carve off a piece of the hispanic vote (these people aren't real strong on math).

Of course instead they took the short term expedient route of "energizing" the White Armed Christian Remnant and now have nowhere to go but to just keep pouring the voltage to them unto death.

Yesterday's decision didn't come as a surprise but it is just so depressing as it portends more focus grouped propaganda continually making people crazier and crazier.

That is a problem.

Senior Advisor

@hardnox wrote:

Oh I know.

Back when I was a RINO (LOL) I used to tell folks that the future had to be with finding a way to carve off a piece of the hispanic vote (these people aren't real strong on math).

Of course instead they took the short term expedient route of "energizing" the White Armed Christian Remnant and now have nowhere to go but to just keep pouring the voltage to them unto death.

Yesterday's decision didn't come as a surprise but it is just so depressing as it portends more focus grouped propaganda continually making people crazier and crazier.

That is a problem.

You mean the RW now have the same voice as the labor uniouns without harassment from the IRS.

Advisor

And Benghazi and Solyndra.

Senior Contributor

Hardnox,

I hope not. Where then will I go to have such things as the nuances and intricacies of Iowa CSR explained in simple layman's terms by dudes who have forgotten more about the subject than I currently know?

Good people. Good stuff. ANF
Veteran Advisor

The country has gotten "progressively" worse.

Nuts had one of those freudian slippages, and managed to nail it in one.

Veteran Advisor

Are you trying to say that labor unions have had unlimited contribution ability BEFORE this decision?
Veteran Advisor

Re: oh irony

You always say that, implying that you NEVER do the same thing. I got news for you--BOTH sides are guilty of that!!
Advisor

Just cause you're crazy doesn't mean you're wrong.

Advisor

Re: oh irony

Your inference is Fawlty.