cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Is it just me

Seems like a large part of what I post is deleted.   I don't believe there was any personal attacks or foul language.   Is it the responses that gets the whole thing tossed?

21 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Land reform?

what got those posts tossed?

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Land reform?

Sam, I read some of these forum postings a few times a week. The moderators here over the years have pretty much tried all different types of enforcement of their rules. Nothing steady. Not even sure why it still exists. They have let the crazies run over this site too long

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

So I'm wondering if you don't like what someone is saying do you respond with expletives and attacks so the whole thing gets deleted?  Is that what's happening?

Highlighted
Advisor

I have had several posts deleted that have cut and paste copyrighted articles imbedded in them. Maybe the site is watching this for legal reasons. I believe your post on land reform had that in it.

The other posts I have had deleted recently were the ones that ridiculed the people that I would charitably call "loops", and maybe I should not do that. The Good Lord created us all, and some of us are not blessed with good discernment skills or the ability to articulate a position.

Many times I have suggested that the non-farming participants that have an axe to grind against actual tillers of the soil should find their own forum site somewhere else to spew their hatred against us. I guess capitalism doesn't give them a free site elsewhere.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Could be Sam. It's SF's playhouse, their rules and their choices on enforcement.

They have lost a bunch of contributors because of how they monitor.

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: Is it just me

The mods crack down over the Holidays, I think because of increased traffic and they don`t want new participants scared away.  Ishmael got after me again about pasting too much and I know better, it`s just in the heat of the battle with these Liberals, I want to prove what I say and they feign being afraid of clicking on my links ...so I paste it right there in black & white.   Well, according to Ishmael and I suppose their legal advice, that could be plagiarism, even though you post the link where you got it.  So, I`m gonna have to not get so wound up, it won`t be so much fun, I`ll post something and Bruce will say "Oh so you just know?"  and Schurrbart will say "prove it! prove it! but I`m not gonna click on your links! I don`t wanna git a virus" .  

It looks like if you mention someone (poster) by name in a post in a unflattering way, it`s apt to get deleted, which for some is easy to inadvertently done. But yeah, when Liberals are losing, they often times go to name calling and I don`t know if they figured it out yet, but they can get an entire thread shut down doing that. 

But I post so damned much and always ready to move on to the next topic, I rarely realize anything I post gets deleted...until Ishmael P.M`s me and says "I deleted this and this and that of what you posted because you were plagiarizing"  and I`m like "oh really I posted that?  I`m sorry Ishmael Smiley Embarassed  "   Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Hummm

Once, many moons ago I got one of those messages about a deleted post because a link (kunstlers) had a curse word in it.   No messages since then about deleted posts.    So should I assume that everything delete was because someone else post?

I'd just like to know, if I'm posting something bound to be deleted I won't bother.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Hummm

It's almost like SF doesn't want you to know.

I still say this forum has been left here for keeping the other forums "cleaner" though I'm not sure why any even exist. 

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: Hummm

Sam, you of all people shouldn`t have your entire thread deleted, but I suppose Ishmael comes through here once a day "doing chores and euthanizes and throws out the deads every day and sometimes entire threads are in on the sweep.   I can see they don`t want f-bombs and such, but many things that get deleted can be heard on prime time television, Regis Philbin would talk about his friend "frea king Fanelli" on network tv at 9am, yet that word is x`ed out on here.

I guess I wish Ishmael would be more surgical in her post deleting, because it will only further drive away those with something useful to post. I`m not too affected , I just move on to the next Liberal exposing post  Smiley Happy