cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Is the general McChrystal

Is he gone? Obama ax him? He has my permission to send him packing and sooner rather than later
12 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: Is the general McChrystal

I agree with you.  Regardless of who the president is, a general should never take on the commander in chief.  If he doesn't agree, he should resign the position before opening his mouth.

Veteran Advisor

Re: Stanley McChrystal - Warrior General

4wd wrote:
Is he gone? Obama ax him? He has my permission to send him packing and sooner rather than later

"General McChrystal has gotta go, Joe Barton has to go, Joe Wilson has to go, but all the architects of the destruction of this country?

No, they get to stay! Barack Obama, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid? They all have to stay."

I hope that he will run against Der Führer in the next election.  It would be the highlight of the decade to see him kick The Pretender's ass down the Capitol's steps, and into political oblivion.

Senior Contributor

as crazy as it sounds now, It wouldn't suprise me if the tea party doesn't tap him for some top spot. His name, face, 4 stars, and all those decoration ribons above his left pocket are sure getting plenty of media time. Hard to believe such a decorated general along with his staff could suddenly go rogue without a dam good reason.
Senior Contributor

The general seems to be a bit of a loose cannon and this is not the first time his mouth has gotten him in hot water.   McChrystal should know more then any of us the importance of following orders from your superior when in the military.  If Obama keeps him I'm guessing it will only be temporary.  With the planned pull out on the horizon and Karzai backing him it may be enough to keep him around for a while. 

Senior Advisor

Obama is Commander in Chief. He needs to put some one in charge that he has confidence in and who has confidence in him.

Veteran Advisor

His biggest problem is that he forgot the UCMJ and let his mouth overload his ass.

Honored Advisor

It`s hard to believe McChrystal said those things by mistake. This may be his way of bringing to light the low moral in the military due to Obama`s neglect. Obama has been a very hands off commander in chief. Lately he`s getting rid of "don`t ask, don`t tell" in other words the army is going to be turned into one big gay orgy. In the past I might have counceled a young person to look into the military. After a year and a half of this commander in chief, I would most certainly advise against that career.

Advisor

This makes it all rather weird:

General Stanley McChrystal banned Fox News from his headquarters, according to The Atlantic's Marc Ambinder.

Ambinder wrote Wednesday (via Michael Calderone) that McChrystal is a liberal, and added in the detail about Fox News to flesh out the point:

Even more about McChrystal: now it can be told. The story about him voting for Obama is not contrived. He is a political liberal. He is a social liberal. He banned Fox News from the television sets in his headquarters. Yes, really. This puts to rest another false rumor: that McChrystal deliberately precipitated his firing because he wants to run for President.
Honored Advisor

Could it be as the GreaTOne says, "A wiseman changes his mind, a fool never"? Nothing like sittin` in the desert gettin` shot at to make you change your religion.