cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Re: This post is the perfect example of why this country is no more.

I think that over 75% of the geopgraphical area of the USA would like to divorce the 25% or less area that is the bastion of die hard liberalism.

How this happens, the when, the ifs, the hows....is a hard one to call. But it is pretty eye opening to see the common links when you see the maps of the red vs. blue areas.

High crime, drug use....low church attendence, low morals....you can just do an overlay from one map to the next and also come up with Republican vs. Liberal.

Any fool can see this.

hardnox604008
Advisor

Yeah, and those bastions of liberalism would quit subsidizing the other areas by paying more in taxes.

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

THe overlays are NOT state boundaries

but you probably are smart enough to know that....or are you?

this guys sums it up about the way I would if I wanted to write about it.

No Evidence That Liberals Subsidize Conservatives

By tjjenkins   Follow   Thu, 6 Sep 2012, 4:45pm   4,729 views   47 comments
Watch (1)   Mail   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  
Invite an expert to fact-check this

Pundits, journalists and posters on this (and many other) forums like to suggest that liberals subsidize conservatives and cite, as evidence, studies that show that so called blue states pay more in taxes than they get back from the federal government, and that the contra is true for red states. This view represents a gross misreading of those studies, at least to the extent the studies are used to suggest that liberals subsidize conservatives.

The studies do not show that blue states pay more in taxes to the feds than they get back - - indeed, since STATES do not pay taxes to the federal government, that would be nonsense. What the studies show is that the combined taxes paid by individuals living in blue states is greater than the amount of tax revenue coming back to that state from the federal government, and that the reverse is true for red states. Now you might think at first blush that I am citing a distinction without a difference but, as explained below, this distinction undermines the core thesis that these studies somehow suggest that liberals subsidize conservatives.

Since it is individuals, and not states, paying the taxes, the real question here is what are the political leanings of the people in the blue states that are responsible for that state's overpayment (i.e., the wealthy residents of that state) - - what is not relevant are the political leanings of the people living in that state generally. Suppose, for example, that a certain state is blue because most of its residents vote democratic, but that the wealthy people living in that state were mostly conservative. Since it is the blue state's wealthy residents that are mostly responsible for its "overpayment" status, the wealth transfer from this blue state to a red state would not demonstrate that liberals were subsidizing conservatives. It would simply show that rich conservatives living in blue states were subsidizing residents of red states.

Is this what is occurring? The data does not answer that question either way, as studies are mixed on whether wealthy people tend to be conservative or liberal. However, to claim that studies regarding the gross tax payments and outlays to red and blue states somehow demonstrates that liberals subsidize conservatives evinces a lack of understanding about the limitations of those studies.

Sometimes these studies show the limitations of the liberal mind, also.

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

Re: Is there a way to Ignore and not see Posts?

I'm sure you don't think you do, but we know better, don't we? DUDE!! LMAO!

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

Re: THe overlays are NOT state boundaries

Pretty early to be drinking, ain't it, Red?

hardnox604008
Advisor

Re: THe overlays are NOT state boundaries

I'm sure that people in Grosse Pointe wish there wasn't a Detroit.

ihmarty543282
Senior Contributor

You really think you are intimidating me? You are a FKing clown..........Bring my personal life up again and I will wipe my ass with your nose just as I did the last time. ...............

gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

You will not do that to me.  Who do you think you are?  Someone expresses their opinion, like you but because it doesn't fall into the holy boundaries you believe and you want to wipe their ass blah blah blah.  You are a pip squeek on here.

gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

Low church attendance has something to do with it ay. What a pathetic excuse. Religion is unusual among divisible labels in being spectacularly unnecessary. If religious beliefs had any evidence going for them, we might had to respect them in spite of their concomitant unpleasantness. But there is no such evidence. To label people as death-deserving enemies because of disagreements about real world politics is bad enough. To do the same for disagreements about a delusional world inhabited by archangels, demons and imaginary friends is ludicrously tragic.

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.

Have you had enough yet? I'll bet your are pleased you bought that up.

Perhaps you might like to think a bit before you label people's intellect as relevant to colours on a map, you sanctamonous pr!ck. 

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Re: The most effective way is to exit the site

I'm surprised that a smart guy like you never thought of it. It's somewhat amazing how some guys can dish it out but are unable to take incoming.