cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Home Depot, the safest place on earth!

gee, I thought all along you supported the NRA's motto   "what stops a bad guy with a gun is a "good" guy with a gun"  

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

It isn`t Gotham City out here, LoL

I`m not some superhero, I live in a good area with good people.  I don`t need to carry a gun, because the cops do their jobs and most people are armed at home anyway.  Some probably do conceal carry and good for them.  But I have the reflexes of a cat, my whole body is a weapon, if someone drew on me within 10 feet they just committed suicide, they`d never know what hit `em  Smiley Happy

The problems we have around here are from the riff raff that moves in and foolish women get involved where they shouldn`t    http://www.kaaltv.com/article/stories/s3443432.shtml  

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: It isn`t Gotham City out here, LoL

Ok, QuickDraw McGraw, I doubt  your body is a weapon unless you mean you could absorb a lot of force. 

Kinda like when a quarter falls in a bowl of Jello. 

Go out and press some buttons in your pig shed, before your family wakes up and you ruin their day.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

You walk around the house all the time packin' heat??  I'll tell you the same thing I told 20--unless you are some kind of special Rambo, some guy kicks in your front door while you are sitting there walking TV and he is going to rob you or worse, you are a dead man!!  Do you keep your guns locked or otherwise safe from the grandkids?  If so, you have maybe 5 seconds (if you are as good with a knife as Craig is--slit a throat in 3 seconds) you are dead!  Y'all talk about home defense.  LOL!  Unless you get an email from the bad guy telling you that he is coming to your house in an hour so you can prepare, you are dead, your wife raped and your dog hung!

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

I do better than an email. Our farm has a half mile driveway with a laser detector to send a signal to our farm radio system that someone has entered the perimeter. We also have farm-wide cameras that allow us to see in real-time on a smart phone everything that is going on around the farm. More than enough time to "deal" with "visitors". Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

I don`t walk around like Wyatt Earp, I never (knock on wood) been robbed or mugged, we live in a very low crime area and that is because most everybody owns guns and "everybody knows your name"  Smiley Happy

If a van drove up while I was in the yard doing chores and they wanted to do harm to me, they would definately have the drop on me...no question, but that is something that isn`t even on my radar of concerns. 

Where guns would come into play where I would use one is we have 3 noisy (friendly) Dogs they would give me at least a 10 second heads up if I should stick my .40 cal Glock with a 13rd mag and 1 in the pipe or the 870 pump full of 00 buck...or if the cows are just out  Smiley Happy 

I`m not looking to be Billy the Kid or anything, but I`m "insured" like they say "the premiums won`t break you, but the loss might".   I guess the real "advange" that I have is I actually look forward to dying if my time is up it`s up and that is probably the wrong type person for the bad guys to mess with....easier pickings in the next county  Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

You are probably more like Festus than anyone else..... Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Is this a 2nd amendment right ?

If it is legal, there is no reason they can't do it.

However, just because it is 'legal' doesn't make it 'right', 'smart', 'sensable', or at all constructive. 
In my personal opinion, I am against that sort of thing, but acknowledge their right to do so, just as long as it is within proper legal bounds, and they harm no one.   Also, if some idiot has a gun discharge, he should be prosecuted to the fullest extend possible.

However, I find it odd, that AgJudge of all people, would object to people, who are harming no one, from doing something that has beed found to be legal to do, when they have harmed no one?

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Is this a 2nd amendment right ?

Who are they hurting by carrying a gun?

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Good Point!

Good one, Husker.

"However, I find it odd, that AgJudge of all people, would object to people, who are harming no one, from doing something that has beed found to be legal to do, when they have harmed no one?"