Did you mean: 
bruce MN
Advisor

Isolationist, no foreign entanglements guy

4 Replies
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: Isolationist, no foreign entanglements guy

Well, when senator Hillary Clinton etal supported the War, funding it with Iraqi oil was the selling point, of course they forgot about it after the tanks were rolling.  Seems to me if we can give $1.5 billion in cash to Iran for "interest owed" from back when they held our hostages nearly 40 yrs ago, we could sure the hell git our oil!

bruce MN
Advisor

Trump supported it as well.

Do you know any kids around the right age to go get it?  Would take a bunch of them.  Congress would have to approve it and if they somehow did it would either take a draft or a budget busting, Keynesianism funded professional force.

Plus it's probably only worth less than 30% of what it was when Wolfowitz said we were going to go get it the 1st time. 

hardnox
Advisor

He says he's really good at war, been in lots of them. But only when we win.

As I said about TWFTGME v9.0. The first 8 were all strategic failures, at best, so let's do #9. Funny how everybody gets all stirred up and then we always arrive back at the same place.

With considerable distaste I prefer Clinton on this matter if for no other reason than that the gridlock that's likely to come along with her. It is a whole lot easier to sit on the back bench and holler about how we need boots on the ground than it is to actually achieve anything or not just make it worse.

An homage to the colored fellah in that regard. It is a political no-winner (other than avoiding worse) but he very deftly smelled a rat in the red line-crossing gas attacks in Syria and kicked the question down to Congress, which wasn't about to actually take on that responsiblity.

My guess is that Clinton is more hawkish by nature and inclined to action but I'm guessing she'll be pretty well pinned in on foreign policy.

Two GOP houses of congress and a Trump presidency and look out.

hardnox
Advisor

Of course taking the oil has always been a popular option among the bubbas down at the Bowl n' Brew, so probably a good stump point.

My guess is that the action that he vaguely proposes would ultimately lead to the fall of the House of Saud. But hey, that just means we move to v10.0. And maybe some of the Milosevich Bros. magic bioweapons, I don't know.*

The American Way of Life must be preserved no matter what, even if it leads to our destruction.

*so let's suppose "we" successfully eliminate a billion or so people and control the ME oil. I really don't think that's going to do much for the average Bubba other than maybe keep gas in the tank of his pickup while he drives to foreclosure court or the heroin dealer.

Might not even result in lower gas prices as we're currently benfitting from a free market in oil as market discipline has collapsed. I assume that XOM and BP would seek to return some to the market.