Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
4 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: It could happen here

Advisor

So you are telling us that those actions are coming from unelected elements of the political right?  Maybe I didn't link what I thought I did. 

Senior Advisor

Ruling class coruption.

Advisor

I initially rejected the notion but have thought a bit more about it.

Let's suppose that Clinton is elected- the most likely outcome at this point- but she only nets nada in the senate and a handful of seats in the house. On the GOP side extreme right wingers continue to gain share.

Through 2017-18 the Congress only meets for 15 minutes a day so that they can vote to repeal Obamacare and impeach Clinton. The first is perpetually vetoed, the second can't quite cross the constitutional supermajority bar.

Serious stuff is happening- economic, geopolitical, legal- but all that results is finger pointing.

The Long Game is in play as billionaires and corporations pour $billions into mid term races with a goal of obtaining the 2/3rds Senate majority required for impeachment.

Meanwhile, the Freedom Caucus holds their noses and tolerates Speaker Ryan as the President in Waiting- after all there's no legislative agenda anyway.

There's nothing there that isn't somewhat credible given the current reality. And as 3020 stands to attest, the threats to the correct order of things are great and require desperate measures.