cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hardnox604008
Advisor

It is about inequality

In the purest Kondratieff terms, over time capitalism distributes wealth to the winners. Finally the wealth becomes so concentrated that there is no longer sufficient demand to support that wealth and you have a depression, which corrects that imbalance assuming that there is some degree of political continuity.

We're past that tipping point but government(s) worldwide have been filling that output gap with deficit spending for a couple of decades.

It is really without historical precedent and ought to give pause to anyone on either side of the debate who thinks they know what to do.

8 Replies
bruce MN
Advisor

It's been a couple of months...

Samnospam
Advisor

Re: It is about inequality

No, generally without government support in building monopolies and preventing failure concentration would not happen to that scale. Corrections yes, 10 year depressions not so much. But this really seems like a strange topic for a supporter of failure prevention..
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Well, as my Son would point out "equal and fair are 2 different things" for example, it isn't FAIR that someone works 18 hours a day has his or her wealth stolen through taxes and distributed EQUALLY to abled bodied people that do as little as they can.
hardnox604008
Advisor

Fair is the term used in dovorces and family business breakups where everybody ends up with less just so the othre doesn't get what they don't deserve.

hardnox604008
Advisor

I actually agree with that in a utopian sense.

I hope you're around to rebuild the world on those principles.

hardnox604008
Advisor

And I suspect you'd get about 99.5% here to fight to the death over the premise that the survivors in government sponsored agriculture still deserve the spoils even if they and their families have been backstopped continuously along the way.

And I eally don't argue that they don't only that it is high time to quit it.

r3020
Senior Advisor

@hardnox604008 wrote:

In the purest Kondratieff terms, over time capitalism distributes wealth to the winners. Finally the wealth becomes so concentrated that there is no longer sufficient demand to support that wealth and you have a depression, which corrects that imbalance assuming that there is some degree of political continuity.

We're past that tipping point but government(s) worldwide have been filling that output gap with deficit spending for a couple of decades.

It is really without historical precedent and ought to give pause to anyone on either side of the debate who thinks they know what to do.

Most monopolies are built by governments. They usually start out by monopolising education and health care.

hardnox604008
Advisor

Before the Civil War the southern states had a remarkable record in both of those areas.