cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samthehumble
Senior Contributor

It is an emergency

as explained by JK:

A lot of readers (some of them former readers now) have been angrily twanging me by email for writing about the three-year Resistance effort to un-do the 2016 election. I did not vote for Mr. Trump (or Mrs. Clinton) but I resent the coup mounted to overthrow him. I object to the bad faith and dishonesty of the Resistance. I object to the criminal misconduct among the federal bureaucracy, and the mendacity of its partners in the news media, and the hysteria they continue to generate — at the expense of other matters that concern our future.

more

4 Replies
r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: It is an emergency

Telling how elcheapo is fine when it involves a dem.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: It is an emergency

The Loony Left talked about impeachment before Trump was even inaugurated and it`s been non stop going on 3 years now, one hoax after another.   I suppose in their pea brains, they think "burning it all to the ground is worth it to get a RaaaayCyyyyst out of office!".  I`m impressed with Kunstler being a honest liberal, at least.

snip from your link:

We already have plenty of evidence for what the Left will do to the principle of political liberty. Their shibboleths of “diversity” and “inclusion” really mean shutting down free speech and telling everybody how to think. They are less interested in “social justice” than in plain coercion, the pleasure they take in pushing people around. What’s worse is that they want to use government as the instrument for enforcing their will. I object to that not just on principle but because government itself will be subject to the same contraction affecting everything else. It simply won’t be able to compensate for all the other losses. Can we downscale its activities coherently, or will we make that journey violently, in some sort of civil war?

The Left seems to be opting for civil war. It is surely underway among branches of government and the administrative bureaucracy I call the Deep State. Barack Obama, John Brennan and others set the intel and police apparatus against Mr. Trump and the war goes on in the latest reckless campaign of “whistleblowers” who are no such thing, but rather agents provocateurs of the Central Intelligence Agency.

bruce MN
Advisor

As for Kunstler..

I’m quite certain that I’d read 10’s of thousands of his words before anybody else here knew who he was. Have his timeless books on the shelf. Also certain that I introduced this forum to his work. 
Got banned a couple of times before becoming internet savvy enough to post his columns without using the riskee title of his blog.

Thing is, he’s essentially consistent in this piece with how he always been. Knee jerk  pseudo liberals are upset with a few of these folks who they thought “were on their side”  JHK, Matt Tiabbi, Glen Greenwald  Even Noam Chomsky.

All are and have been crusaders in the war against neoliberalism and don’t let the favorite team thing get in their way. Knowing full well that the old DLC/Clinton faction in the party will bring any opportunity to no good.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Re: As for Kunstler..

Given that the themes he built his career on are dead, at least for the moment, I note that he has a Patreon account.

Getting some bucks for spending a few hours every week pounding out a screed is probably OK work for a guy living off SS and some dwindling book royalties.

The money is on that side of the game.