cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samnospam
Advisor

It’s time to set aside a lifetime of propaganda and programming

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-08-21/congress-proposes-law-banning-body-armor-land-free

Whatever your stance on firearms, I hope we can agree that it’s pretty **bleep** difficult to hurt another human being with body armor. People buy body armor for protection.

That’s the point. Duh.

So why in the world would they want to ban it?

The government claims that “criminals and rampaging madmen” can “wreak havoc” while wearing body armor, and it’s important to shield police from these nefarious individuals.

Uh, wait a sec– you mean the same police that go around terrorizing ordinary citizens who aren’t breaking any laws whatsoever?

The same police who beat homeless people to death?

The same police who shoot and kill innocent animals in broad daylight in the middle of the street?

The same police who scream “I will f***ing kill you!” with their weapons trained on crowds of protestors exercising their constitutional rights? Right. Those guys. This is such a disgusting, yet unfortunately predictable, turn of events in the Land of the Free.

2 Replies
Smarty

Re: It’s time to set aside a lifetime of propaganda and programming

It seems logical that the only people who would want body armor are people who intent to confront somebody with a weapon.  I don't believe you'll see anybody attending a concert or going to a movie in body armor.  It's hard if not impossible to suppress a giggle at the thought of young people on a date both wearing body armor.

I suppose now that a percentage of the population is carrying a concealed weapon the next step is body armor and then armored vehicles until we live in a world that looks like Mad Max.

Samnospam
Advisor

Re: It’s time to set aside a lifetime of propaganda and programming

Cab driver. pizza delivery guy. Any citizen of Chicago. A protester in Ferguson. No confrontation wanted, but possibly anticipated.