cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OKdon
Senior Contributor

It seems to me

That both political parties tinka better day is coming to america. They voted in droves for Trump and for Hillary thinking that will purify political parties for the better.

It appears to me that Trump is not where the regular repubican are. And neither is Hillary Clinton a championof what democrats  want.

The truth is that trump the deal maker will not be be supported by the mindset of the current conservative establishment. I think they will be disappointed with the elected leader of their party. The establishment lost their conservative party. Trump will not stick to the usual agenda. The laff is on you folks.

Decidedly it will be the same for democrats. Hillary may win but she will be a half a loaf to most true democrats. The passion for true democrats isdirected towards the Sanders position. Turn this country around to benefit the working class. Make government a champion of working folks and the less advantaged.

Unfortunately, Clintons heart may accept that notion but she wont even try. She will play it safe and try to earn the support from both parties. Which means her efforts will be directed towards a half-azzed attempt to legislate. Tea baggers aren't the only ones that refute those have rate efforts. They expect more as do the lefties. Those that filled the stadiums for Bernie Sanders.

America wants single payer and neither nominee will support it. They won't even try. The do nothings and the do everythings will be hung out to dry. If we want puritan parties, then we have to invent them. A liberal party that is not a segment of the existing democrat party. A tea bagger party that is not a segment of the republican party. Affiliation with an existing party dilutes the impact of the wanted objectives. We have to define the objective of different parties.

As of now, Trump is the titular head of the republican party. a party that is uncomfortable with the party that nominated him. and a candidate that may well be out of bounds with the republican establishment.

Clinton may well be too timid to support the base's objectives. So I see a strong possibility

of disappointment on both sides no matter who is elected.

Bernie is the answer. Unfortunately the odds are stacked against him.

14 Replies
r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: It seems to me

Bernie is the answer if Venezuela is the solution.

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

The guy that wont even give $1 to help the needy thinks that electing

the guy that wants to redistribute his farms is the answer.

Now that must a product of special education.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Immigration and free trade has all but destroyed America, if the Paul Ryans, Jeb Bushs and Lindsey Grahams are what are consider "conservatives". And if these "conservatives" are too married to their position of open borders and flooding the country with cheap foreign goods while our wealth leaves the country...We`re basically exporting our wealth and importing more obligations and mouths to feed.   If that is "conservativism..then deal me out! 

OKdon
Senior Contributor

What makes you think that bernie would redistribute my farms?

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Amen

Donald Trump is "conservative"  in that he wants to take the USA back to the day when "Made in USA" was

a stamp of pride and quality, and not that unusual to find. And as a plus, he appears to be  old school on the

hot social issues, too. Or at least willing to say he is, and if that translates into regular guys and gals becoming

the next SCOTUS nominees and justices, what more do we want?

The "real" republicans have much less to fear from Donald Trump than they do from the John Boehners, the

Paul Ryans, the Lindsay Grahams, etal.

Har Har Har....the fruitcakes are really going to hate November.

wehav
Senior Contributor

half right, as usual

You're half right as usual

"They voted in droves for Trump and for Hillary "   They, the voters who cared enough to actually participate did vote in droves for Trump but as far as Hillary goes there were 270,000 less votes for her this time than the last time she ran and that wasn't enough for her to get the nomination then.

Democrat voters are basically people that want things free and simply vote for whoever is running, this time Hillary is the candidate most recognize and being a woman they identify with her. 

OKdon
Senior Contributor

Re: half right, as usual

If Trump had a bernie in his race,his numbers would greatly be reduced. In fact the polls say that Bernie would beat  Trump by more than what Hillary will in the general election.

So if there was two popular candidates in the repub primary, they would split the numbers that Trump holds

OKdon
Senior Contributor

Re: Amen

The Boehnors, the Ryans and the Lindsay Grahams are your people. The ones you elect and reelect time after time. They are the republican party and have been for years.

Somehow the nonrepublican Trump along with existing republicans are going to overhaul america! The do nothings in the house and senate are going to restore prosperity to america and do so at the expense of the working poor.

Polaris Racer
Senior Contributor

Re: half right, as usual

You think Hillary is going to win this fall? Want to put some money on that one?